Viracept and Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura is reported only by a few people who take Viracept.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Viracept and have Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,187 people who have side effects while taking Viracept from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6,187 people reported to have side effects when taking Viracept.
Among them, 2 people (0.03%) have Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.
What is Viracept?
Viracept has active ingredients of nelfinavir mesylate. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 6,194 Viracept users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura?
Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (a rare blood disorder characterized by clotting in small blood vessels of the body) is found to be associated with 1,177 drugs and 756 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Viracept and Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura when taking Viracept *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura when taking Viracept *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Viracept *:
- Zithromax: 1 person, 50.00%
- Ziagen: 1 person, 50.00%
- Viramune: 1 person, 50.00%
- Sulfadiazine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Pyrimethamine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Nevirapine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Ibuprofen: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diflucan: 1 person, 50.00%
- Combivir: 1 person, 50.00%
- Bactrim Ds: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura *:
- Suicide Attempt: 1 person, 50.00%
- Rash Pruritic (redness with itching): 1 person, 50.00%
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets): 1 person, 50.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 1 person, 50.00%
- Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fever: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Viracept and have Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura?Check whether Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Jacob S, Dunn BL, Qureshi ZP, Bandarenko N, Kwaan HC, Pandey DK, McKoy JM, Barnato SE, Winters JL, Cursio JF, Weiss I, "Ticlopidine-, clopidogrel-, and prasugrel-associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a 20-year review from the Southern Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR)", InSeminars in thrombosis and hemostasis, 2012 Jan .
- Frank P, "Ticlopidine-, Clopidogrel-, and Prasugrel-Associated Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: A Twenty-Year Review from the Southern Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR)", , 2012 Jan .
How severe was Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nelfinavir mesylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Viracept:
- Viracept (6,194 reports)
Common Viracept side effects:
Browse all side effects of Viracept:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura treatments and more:
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (5,929 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura:
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura:
- Plavix: 576 reports
- Aspirin: 392 reports
- Prednisone: 249 reports
- Prednisolone: 200 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 152 reports
- Cyclosporine: 152 reports
- Tacrolimus: 141 reports
- Simvastatin: 137 reports
- Gemzar: 133 reports
- Heparin: 129 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura:
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (1,177 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura:
- High blood pressure: 192 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 182 reports
- Preventive health care: 109 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 104 reports
- Stent: 103 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura:
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (756 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nelfinavir mesylate (the active ingredients of Viracept) and Viracept (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Atripla and Hydroxyzine drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Xyzal and Zemplar drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Xyzal and Zembrace Symtouch drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Plaquenil and Lactose Intolerance - 50 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Activities Of Daily Living Impaired - a minute ago
- Lunesta and Intervertebral Disc Disorder - a minute ago
- Abnormal Behavior and drugs of ingredients of metaxalone - a minute ago
- Xyzal and Zejula drug interaction - a minute ago
- Celexa and Swelling - a minute ago
- Etodolac and Vicodin drug interaction - a minute ago