Who have Water retention with Viread - from FDA reports
Water retention is found among people who take Viread, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,527 people who have side effects when taking Viread from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
10,527 people reported to have side effects when taking Viread.
Among them, 13 people (0.12%) have Water retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Viread when people have Water retention *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Viread *:
- female: 46.15 %
- male: 53.85 %
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Viread *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 42.86 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 2 people, 15.38%
- Vitritis (inflammation of the vitreous humour of the eye): 1 person, 7.69%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 7.69%
- Retinitis (inflammation of the retina in the eye): 1 person, 7.69%
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain: 1 person, 7.69%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide: 5 people, 38.46%
- Protonix: 4 people, 30.77%
- Hepsera: 3 people, 23.08%
- Neurontin: 3 people, 23.08%
- Lasix: 2 people, 15.38%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Acute Kidney Failure: 4 people, 30.77%
- Peripheral Swelling: 3 people, 23.08%
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 3 people, 23.08%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 23.08%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 3 people, 23.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Water retention while taking Viread?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Water retention
- Subscribe to monitor Water retention in Viread
You are not alone:
Viread has active ingredients of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hepatitis b. (latest outcomes from Viread 10,623 users)
Water retention has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 46,608 Water retention patients).
Drugs that are associated with Water retentionWater retention (2,331 drugs)
Could your condition cause Water retentionWater retention (1,861 conditions)
Viread side effects
- Viread side effects (10,528 reports)
Browse all side effects of Vireada b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Flight Of Ideas with Nabumetone? - now
- Will you have Dacryocanaliculitis Infective with Alpha - Lipoic Acid? - a second ago
- What to expect when you have Hay Fever and Absent Periods? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Bacterial Dacryocystitis with Topamax? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Suicide Attempt with Heather? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Tamoxifen Citrate - 25 minutes ago
- A study for a 53 year old man who takes Advil Pm - an hour ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Effexor Xr, Valsartan - an hour ago
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Trelegy Ellipta - an hour ago
- Prediction of Anastrozole for a 80 year old woman - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.