Will you have Water retention with Viread - from FDA reports
Water retention is found among people who take Viread, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,728 people who have side effects when taking Viread from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (the active ingredients of Viread) and Viread (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Water retention are also considered in the study.
What is Viread?
Viread has active ingredients of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hepatitis b. (latest outcomes from Viread 10,824 users)
What is Water retention?
Water retention has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 48,289 Water retention patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
10,728 people reported to have side effects when taking Viread.
Among them, 13 people (0.12%) have Water retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Viread when people have Water retention *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Viread *:
- female: 46.15 %
- male: 53.85 %
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Viread *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 42.86 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 2 people, 15.38%
- Vitritis (inflammation of the vitreous humour of the eye): 1 person, 7.69%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 7.69%
- Retinitis (inflammation of the retina in the eye): 1 person, 7.69%
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain: 1 person, 7.69%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 1 person, 7.69%
- Asthma: 1 person, 7.69%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide: 5 people, 38.46%
- Protonix: 4 people, 30.77%
- Hepsera: 3 people, 23.08%
- Neurontin: 3 people, 23.08%
- Lasix: 2 people, 15.38%
- Neupogen: 2 people, 15.38%
- Provigil: 2 people, 15.38%
- Demadex: 2 people, 15.38%
- Prednisone: 2 people, 15.38%
- Epzicom: 2 people, 15.38%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Acute Kidney Failure: 4 people, 30.77%
- Peripheral Swelling: 3 people, 23.08%
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 3 people, 23.08%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 23.08%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 3 people, 23.08%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 3 people, 23.08%
- Hepatic Steatosis (fatty liver disease): 3 people, 23.08%
- Metabolic Syndrome (a combination of the medical disorders that, when occurring together, increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease): 3 people, 23.08%
- Renal Cyst (kidney cyst): 3 people, 23.08%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 2 people, 15.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Water retention while taking Viread?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Water retention
- Subscribe to monitor Water retention in Viread
- Subscribe to monitor Viread
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Viread and have Water retention
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Water retentionWater retention (2,347 drugs)
Could your condition cause Water retentionWater retention (1,864 conditions)
Viread side effects
- Viread side effects (10,729 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Vireada b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Viread with similar drugs
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Calf Pain With Exercise with Metoprolol Tartrate? - now
- Will you have Arterial Insufficiency Of The Legs with Metoprolol Tartrate? - now
- Will you have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping with Metoprolol Tartrate? - now
- Will you have Infective Glossitis with Singulair? - a second ago
- Will you have Stomach Pain with Advair Diskus 100/50? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Stomachache with Advair Diskus 100/50? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain - Abdomen with Advair Diskus 100/50? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Belly Ache with Advair Diskus 100/50? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Abdominal Cramps with Advair Diskus 100/50? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Abdominal Pain with Advair Diskus 100/50? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 5 year old boy who takes Strattera - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Risperidone - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Losartan - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Augmentin '875' - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Myrbetriq - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 80 year old man who takes Xarelto - 12 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.