Vitamin b12 and Psoriasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Psoriasis is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Vitamin b12 and have Psoriasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 97,738 people who have side effects when taking Vitamin b12 from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
97,738 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12.
Among them, 741 people (0.76%) have Psoriasis.
What is Vitamin b12?
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. eHealthMe is studying from 99,555 Vitamin b12 users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) is found to be associated with 2,272 drugs and 1,581 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Vitamin b12 and Psoriasis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Vitamin b12*:
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Vitamin b12 *:
Common drugs people take besides Vitamin b12 *:
Common side effects people have besides Psoriasis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vitamin b12 and have Psoriasis?Check whether Psoriasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mohagheghi MA, Omranipur R, Ensani F, Ghannadan A, Shahriaran S, Samiee F, Sedighi Z, "A Case of Advanced Unicentric Retroperitoneal Castleman's Disease, Associated With Psoriasis", Acta Medica Iranica, 2017 May .
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
How severe was Psoriasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cobalamin:
- Psoriasis and drugs with ingredients of cobalamin (212 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Vitamin b12:
- Vitamin b12 (99,555 reports)
Common Vitamin b12 side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11,136 reports
- Diarrhea: 7,787 reports
- Weakness: 6,535 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 6,311 reports
- Drug ineffective: 6,244 reports
- Pain: 5,830 reports
- Dizziness: 5,808 reports
Browse all side effects of Vitamin b12:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Psoriasis treatments and more:
- Psoriasis (412,216 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Psoriasis:
- Enbrel: 26,259 reports
- Humira: 23,088 reports
- Cosentyx: 21,919 reports
- Otezla: 19,845 reports
- Methotrexate: 10,887 reports
- Stelara: 6,001 reports
- Prednisone: 4,329 reports
- Remicade: 3,500 reports
- Metformin: 2,821 reports
- Aspirin: 2,803 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (2,272 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Psoriasis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 6,377 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,552 reports
- Crohn's disease: 3,134 reports
- Pain: 1,905 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (1,581 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cobalamin (the active ingredients of Vitamin b12) and Vitamin b12 (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cough and Renal Impairment - a second ago
- Decadron and Renal Impairment - 3 seconds ago
- Salonpas and Percocet drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Zinacef and Renal Impairment - 5 seconds ago
- Percocet and Musculoskeletal Chest Pain - 12 seconds ago
- Thyroid Cancer and Appetite - Decreased - 12 seconds ago
- Thyroid Cancer and Appetite Decreased - 13 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin Sr vs. Pexeva - 15 seconds ago
- Benzonatate and Renal Impairment - 15 seconds ago
- Levofloxacin and Renal Impairment - 16 seconds ago