Vitamin d and Clonic convulsion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Clonic convulsion is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin D.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Vitamin d and have Clonic convulsion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 224,762 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin d from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
224,762 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d.
Among them, 5 people (0.0%) have Clonic convulsion.
What is Vitamin d?
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in low vitamin d. eHealthMe is studying from 204,350 Vitamin d users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Clonic convulsion?
Clonic convulsion (long lasting seizure) is found to be associated with 502 drugs and 273 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Vitamin d and Clonic convulsion reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Clonic convulsion when taking Vitamin d *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Clonic convulsion when taking Vitamin d *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 100 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Vitamin d *:
- Fycompa: 3 people, 60.00%
- Magnesium: 3 people, 60.00%
- Onfi: 3 people, 60.00%
- Zonegran: 2 people, 40.00%
- Motrin Ib: 2 people, 40.00%
- Aldactone: 2 people, 40.00%
- Banzel: 2 people, 40.00%
- Carafate: 2 people, 40.00%
- Claritin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Epidiolex: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Clonic convulsion *:
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 4 people, 80.00%
- Infusion Related Reaction: 2 people, 40.00%
- Peripheral Swelling: 2 people, 40.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 40.00%
- Body Temperature Increased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Haematochezia (passage of stools containing blood): 2 people, 40.00%
- Heart Rate Increased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Urine Output Decreased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Pain: 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Immunodeficiency: 2 people, 40.00%
- Asthma: 2 people, 40.00%
- Weight Loss: 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 20.00%
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 1 person, 20.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vitamin d and have Clonic convulsion?Check whether Clonic convulsion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kapoor S, "Influence of Vitamin D Consumption and Levels on the Development of Psychiatric Disorders", Lee, Y. J., & Park, K. (2018). Secondary Raynaud’s Phenomenon and Skin Necrosis of Toes in the Paraplegic Patient with Hypertension.?Drug safety-case reports,?5(1), 7., 2014 Aug .
How severe was Clonic convulsion and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ergocalciferol:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Vitamin d:
- Vitamin d (204,350 reports)
Common Vitamin d side effects:
Browse all side effects of Vitamin d:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Clonic convulsion treatments and more:
- Clonic convulsion (1,135 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Clonic convulsion:
- Clonic convulsion in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Clonic convulsion in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Clonic convulsion in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Clonic convulsion:
- Clonic convulsion (503 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Clonic convulsion:
- Clonic convulsion (273 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ergocalciferol (the active ingredients of Vitamin d) and Vitamin d (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vitamin D and Clonic Convulsion - 9 seconds ago
- Mania Aggravated and drugs of ingredients of disulfiram - 10 seconds ago
- Lopurin and Urticaria Papular - 14 seconds ago
- Plendil vs. Coreg - 19 seconds ago
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and Appendicitis - 21 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Uveitis - 25 seconds ago
- Vitamin B1 and Glucagon drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Levofloxacin and Dyazide drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Pentostatin and Abdominal Pain Aggravated - 32 seconds ago
- Loratadine and Pramosone drug interaction - 37 seconds ago