Vitamin d and Fatigue - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Fatigue is found among people who take Vitamin d, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Vitamin d and have Fatigue. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 224,762 people who have side effects when taking Vitamin d from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
224,762 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin d.
Among them, 23,634 people (10.52%) have Fatigue.
What is Vitamin d?
Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in low vitamin d. eHealthMe is studying from 234,634 Vitamin d users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Fatigue?
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) is found to be associated with 5,318 drugs and 6,111 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Vitamin d and Fatigue reports submitted per year:
Time on Vitamin d when people have Fatigue *:
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Vitamin d*:
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Vitamin d *:
Common drugs people take besides Vitamin d *:
Common side effects people have besides Fatigue *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vitamin d and have Fatigue?Check whether Fatigue is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
- Kapoor S, "Influence of Vitamin D Consumption and Levels on the Development of Psychiatric Disorders", Lee, Y. J., & Park, K. (2018). Secondary Raynaud’s Phenomenon and Skin Necrosis of Toes in the Paraplegic Patient with Hypertension.?Drug safety-case reports,?5(1), 7., 2014 Aug .
How severe was Fatigue and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ergocalciferol:
- Fatigue and drugs with ingredients of ergocalciferol (20,378 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Vitamin d:
- Vitamin d (234,634 reports)
Common Vitamin d side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 23,634 reports
- Diarrhea: 15,827 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 14,927 reports
- Drug ineffective: 14,811 reports
- Pain: 13,884 reports
- Weakness: 12,993 reports
- Dizziness: 12,165 reports
- Joint pain: 11,351 reports
Browse all side effects of Vitamin d:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Fatigue treatments and more:
- Fatigue (814,703 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Fatigue:
- Fatigue in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Fatigue in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Fatigue in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Fatigue:
- Prednisone: 46,071 reports
- Humira: 38,407 reports
- Aspirin: 37,295 reports
- Methotrexate: 36,266 reports
- Enbrel: 32,387 reports
- Vitamin d: 23,634 reports
- Tysabri: 23,185 reports
- Omeprazole: 22,124 reports
- Metformin: 22,049 reports
- Gabapentin: 21,158 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Fatigue:
- Fatigue (5,318 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Fatigue:
- Multiple sclerosis: 66,133 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 50,897 reports
- High blood pressure: 27,376 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 27,077 reports
- Pain: 21,635 reports
- Depression: 20,515 reports
- Hepatitis c: 19,082 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Fatigue:
- Fatigue (6,111 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ergocalciferol (the active ingredients of Vitamin d) and Vitamin d (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pentam and Irritability - a second ago
- Selenium and Spironolactone drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Ditropan and Splenic Calcification - 4 seconds ago
- Gaviscon and Rosuvastatin Calcium drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Ditropan and Gastrointestinal Disorder - 7 seconds ago
- Anaemia in Pregabalin, how severe and when it was recovered? - 9 seconds ago
- Posaconazole and Mycotic Allergy - 10 seconds ago
- Acetazolamide and Tinnitus - 10 seconds ago
- Enablex and Vascular Resistance Systemic Increased - 12 seconds ago
- Ditropan and Fever - 14 seconds ago