Vitamin e and Cardiomyopathy - from FDA reports
Cardiomyopathy is found among people who take Vitamin e, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Lasix, and have Breast cancer metastatic. This review analyzes which people have Cardiomyopathy with Vitamin e. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,185 people who have side effects when taking Vitamin e from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 13, 2017
25,185 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin e.
Among them, 75 people (0.3%) have Cardiomyopathy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vitamin e when people have Cardiomyopathy *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 100 %
Gender of people who have Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e *:
- female: 65.75 %
- male: 34.25 %
Age of people who have Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.82 %
- 20-29: 1.82 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5.45 %
- 50-59: 30.91 %
- 60+: 60.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (10 people, 13.33%)
- Osteoporosis (9 people, 12.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (8 people, 10.67%)
- High Blood Pressure (6 people, 8.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (6 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (19 people, 25.33%)
- Lipitor (17 people, 22.67%)
- Prilosec (16 people, 21.33%)
- Coumadin (16 people, 21.33%)
- Prednisone (15 people, 20.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (32 people, 42.67%)
- Pleural Effusion (21 people, 28.00%)
- Chest Pain (19 people, 25.33%)
- Breathing Difficulty (17 people, 22.67%)
- Ejection Fraction Decreased (14 people, 18.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cardiomyopathy when taking Vitamin e?
- Check symptoms - is cardiomyopathy caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCardiomyopathy and drugs with ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCardiomyopathy and Vitamin e from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vitamin e has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Vitamin e 25,701 users)
Cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle) has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, depression (latest reports from 12,899 Cardiomyopathy patients).
Browse all side effects of Vitamin ea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with CardiomyopathyCardiomyopathy
Could your condition cause CardiomyopathyCardiomyopathy
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello everyone, would you be aware of unexpected brutal deaths for patients who've been taking cyclophosphamide (Baxter). The events happened within 3 to 7 days, with different dosage intake per day (250ml/kg, 2.1ml/kg). It concerns adults and children. The symptoms are hyponatremia, high level ...
User reviews to the study
husband has cardiomyopathy past 16 years and in past 6 months COPD has resulted in many hospital stays. Prednisone each time, tapered off then reoccurring problems within 2 weeks of stopping. Dr wants us to try low dose long term. Concerns on side effects.
My name is Joshua I'm 31 my weight is 196lbs about 23% body fat. I lost 129lbs from the time of January 1st 2015 til April 2016. My old weight 325lbs. Lifestyle better eating habits and intense exercise. Since 3rd grade I was diagnosed with Bipolar and put in hospital which then placed on ...