Vitamin e and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin E.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Vitamin e and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,139 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin e from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
37,139 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin e.
Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Vitamin e?
Vitamin e has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. eHealthMe is studying from 35,816 Vitamin e users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Vitamin e and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Vitamin e *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Vitamin e *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Vitamin e *:
- Lumigan: 2 people, 40.00%
- Vitamin D3: 2 people, 40.00%
- Centrum Silver: 2 people, 40.00%
- Duragesic: 2 people, 40.00%
- Evzio: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fish Oil: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lamisil: 2 people, 40.00%
- Ampyra: 2 people, 40.00%
- Potassium: 2 people, 40.00%
- Remeron: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Weakness: 4 people, 80.00%
- Wound: 2 people, 40.00%
- Feeling Abnormal: 2 people, 40.00%
- Neurogenic Bladder (the normal function of the bladder is to store and empty urine in a coordinated, controlled fashion): 2 people, 40.00%
- Nerve Root Compression: 2 people, 40.00%
- Localised Infection (infection at the single location): 2 people, 40.00%
- Joint Swelling: 2 people, 40.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Influenza Like Illness: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fear Of Falling: 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 4 people, 80.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 40.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 40.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 2 people, 40.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 2 people, 40.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 40.00%
- Constipation: 2 people, 40.00%
- Dysaesthesia (abnormal sensation): 1 person, 20.00%
- Bladder Disorder: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vitamin e and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Vitamin e:
- Vitamin e (35,816 reports)
Common Vitamin e side effects:
Browse all side effects of Vitamin e:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tocopherols and tocotrienols (the active ingredients of Vitamin e) and Vitamin e (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Trileptal and Epstein-Barr Virus Infection - 2 seconds ago
- Fenofibric Acid and Dizziness Aggravated - 4 seconds ago
- Cefotaxime Sodium and Feeling Hot - 5 seconds ago
- Labetalol Hydrochloride and Requip drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Vitamins and Therapeutic Response Increased - 14 seconds ago
- Sulindac and Ceftriaxone drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Mometasone Furoate and Baclofen drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Indapamide and Earache - 33 seconds ago
- Clarithromycin and Alveolitis Fibrosing - 35 seconds ago
- Actos and Bronchopneumopathy - 51 seconds ago