Voltaren and Ureteric stenosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 77,292 people who have side effects when taking Voltaren. Ureteric stenosis is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Omeprazole and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Voltaren and have Ureteric stenosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
77,292 people reported to have side effects when taking Voltaren.
Among them, 11 people (0.01%) have Ureteric stenosis.
What is Voltaren?
Voltaren has active ingredients of diclofenac sodium. It is used in arthritis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 78,265 Voltaren users.
What is Ureteric stenosis?
Ureteric stenosis (abnormal narrowing or contraction of a duct or canal) is found to be associated with 463 drugs and 235 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,007 people who have Ureteric stenosis.
Number of Voltaren and Ureteric stenosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Voltaren when people have Ureteric stenosis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ureteric stenosis when taking Voltaren *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Ureteric stenosis when taking Voltaren *:
- 0-1: 20 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 40 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 40 %
Common drugs people take besides Voltaren *:
- Acetaminophen: 4 people, 36.36%
- Toradol: 4 people, 36.36%
- Tenoretic 100: 4 people, 36.36%
- Allopurinol: 4 people, 36.36%
- Arthrotec: 4 people, 36.36%
- Prednisolone: 4 people, 36.36%
- Carbamazepine: 4 people, 36.36%
- Pantoprazole: 4 people, 36.36%
- Orudis: 4 people, 36.36%
- Omeprazole: 4 people, 36.36%
Common side effects people have besides Ureteric stenosis *:
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 7 people, 63.64%
- Nephrosclerosis (hardening of the kidney due to renovascular disease): 4 people, 36.36%
- Renal Tubular Atrophy (wasting of kidney tubules): 4 people, 36.36%
- Infected Skin Ulcer: 4 people, 36.36%
- Interstitial Nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 4 people, 36.36%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 4 people, 36.36%
- Prostate Infection: 4 people, 36.36%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 4 people, 36.36%
- Retroperitoneal Fibrosis (a rare disorder that occurs when extra fibrous tissue forms in the area behind the stomach and intestines): 4 people, 36.36%
- Unilateral Hydronephrosis (kidney stone that causes obstruction of the ureter): 4 people, 36.36%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 8 people, 72.73%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 54.55%
- Back Pain: 4 people, 36.36%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Voltaren and have Ureteric stenosis?Check whether Ureteric stenosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Voltaren side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Voltaren side effects (78,265 reports)
Ureteric stenosis treatments and more:
- Ureteric stenosis (1,007 reports)
Common drugs associated with Ureteric stenosis:
All the drugs that are associated with Ureteric stenosis:
- Ureteric stenosis (463 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ureteric stenosis:
- Kidney transplant: 168 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Ureteric stenosis:
- Ureteric stenosis (235 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diclofenac sodium (the active ingredients of Voltaren) and Voltaren (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Milk Of Magnesia and Cholecystitis - 5 seconds ago
- Albuterol and Cerebral Calcification - 17 seconds ago
- Saphris and Skin Blushing/Flushing - 37 seconds ago
- Bricanyl and Ketoprofen drug interaction - 56 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Milk Thistle drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Isosorbide Mononitrate and Anagrelide Hydrochloride drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Medroxyprogesterone Acetate and High Blood Pressure - a minute ago
- Naproxen Sodium and Dayquil drug interaction - a minute ago
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Dyschezia - a minute ago
- Revatio and Naproxen Sodium drug interaction - a minute ago