Voriconazole and Cheilitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cheilitis is found among people who take Voriconazole, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Voriconazole and have Cheilitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,726 people who have side effects when taking Voriconazole from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17,726 people reported to have side effects when taking Voriconazole.
Among them, 38 people (0.21%) have Cheilitis.
What is Voriconazole?
Voriconazole has active ingredients of voriconazole. It is often used in aspergillosis. eHealthMe is studying from 17,764 Voriconazole users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cheilitis?
Cheilitis (infection of lips) is found to be associated with 1,288 drugs and 854 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Voriconazole and Cheilitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Voriconazole when people have Cheilitis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cheilitis when taking Voriconazole *:
- female: 15.79 %
- male: 84.21 %
Age of people who have Cheilitis when taking Voriconazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 50.0 %
- 10-19: 41.67 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 2.78 %
- 60+: 5.56 %
Common drugs people take besides Voriconazole *:
- Methotrexate: 22 people, 57.89%
- Cytarabine: 6 people, 15.79%
- Heparin: 4 people, 10.53%
- Mitoxantrone: 4 people, 10.53%
- Zofran: 1 person, 2.63%
- Amlodipine: 1 person, 2.63%
- Cancidas: 1 person, 2.63%
- Cyclosporine: 1 person, 2.63%
- Dilaudid: 1 person, 2.63%
- Duragesic-100: 1 person, 2.63%
Common side effects people have besides Cheilitis *:
- Photosensitivity Reaction: 32 people, 84.21%
- Rashes (redness): 5 people, 13.16%
- Nephropathy Toxic (damage to kidney due to toxins): 5 people, 13.16%
- Sunburn: 4 people, 10.53%
- Rash Macular (small, flat red spots): 4 people, 10.53%
- Drug Level Increased: 3 people, 7.89%
- Actinic Keratosis (skin disease due to sun exposure): 2 people, 5.26%
- Oral Herpes (viral infection of mouth): 2 people, 5.26%
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma (a cancer of a kind of epithelial cell): 2 people, 5.26%
- Caecitis (inflammation of the cecum): 1 person, 2.63%
Common conditions people have *:
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) (cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts): 17 people, 44.74%
- Superior Sagittal Sinus Thrombosis (blood clot in the dural venous sinuses, which drain blood from the brain): 5 people, 13.16%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 5 people, 13.16%
- T-Cell Lymphoma (a blood cell cancer): 4 people, 10.53%
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis (lung disorder caused by aspergillus fungi): 4 people, 10.53%
- B Precursor Type Acute Leukaemia (lymphoid cancer): 3 people, 7.89%
- T-Cell Type Acute Leukaemia (a form of cancer of the white blood cells): 1 person, 2.63%
- Rashes (redness): 1 person, 2.63%
- Precursor T-Lymphoblastic Lymphoma/leukaemia (precursor b-cell cancer): 1 person, 2.63%
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system): 1 person, 2.63%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Voriconazole and have Cheilitis?Check whether Cheilitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Cheilitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of voriconazole:
- Cheilitis and drugs with ingredients of voriconazole (55 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Voriconazole:
- Voriconazole (17,764 reports)
Common Voriconazole side effects:
Browse all side effects of Voriconazole:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cheilitis treatments and more:
- Cheilitis (6,304 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cheilitis:
- Cheilitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cheilitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cheilitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Cheilitis:
All the drugs that are associated with Cheilitis:
- Cheilitis (1,288 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cheilitis:
All the conditions that are associated with Cheilitis:
- Cheilitis (854 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on voriconazole (the active ingredients of Voriconazole) and Voriconazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Glyburide and Secondary Hypothyroidism - 2 seconds ago
- Duoneb and Joint Dislocation - 5 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Neurosarcoidosis - 8 seconds ago
- Serevent and Dobutrex drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Tarka and Haemoglobin Decreased - 11 seconds ago
- Cerezyme and Pneumonia - 15 seconds ago
- Monopril and Pneumonia - 17 seconds ago
- Pyridoxine and Foetal Death - 19 seconds ago
- Leustatin and Graft Versus Host Disease - 25 seconds ago
- Serzone and Abdominal Pain Aggravated - 26 seconds ago