Will you have Head injury with Voriconazole - from FDA reports
Head injury is found among people who take Voriconazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Alendronic Acid, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,511 people who have side effects when taking Voriconazole from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on voriconazole (the active ingredients of Voriconazole) and Voriconazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Head injury are also considered in the study.
What is Voriconazole?
Voriconazole has active ingredients of voriconazole. It is often used in aspergillosis. (latest outcomes from Voriconazole 8,545 users)
What is Head injury?
Head injury has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 91,120 Head injury patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
8,511 people reported to have side effects when taking Voriconazole.
Among them, 32 people (0.38%) have Head injury
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Voriconazole when people have Head injury *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Head injury when taking Voriconazole *:
- female: 56.67 %
- male: 43.33 %
Age of people who have Head injury when taking Voriconazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 8 %
- 10-19: 8 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4 %
- 40-49: 4 %
- 50-59: 12 %
- 60+: 64 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis (lung disorder caused by aspergillus fungi): 7 people, 21.88%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 7 people, 21.88%
- Blast Crisis In Myelogenous Leukaemia: 2 people, 6.25%
- Acute Graft Versus Host Disease (acute complication following an allogeneic tissue/blood transplant): 2 people, 6.25%
- Thrombophlebitis Migrans (development of recurrent (i.e. migratory) superficial thrombophlebitis): 2 people, 6.25%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 2 people, 6.25%
- Pain: 2 people, 6.25%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 6.25%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 2 people, 6.25%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 2 people, 6.25%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Alendronic Acid: 8 people, 25.00%
- Symbicort: 7 people, 21.88%
- Atrovent: 7 people, 21.88%
- Pradaxa: 6 people, 18.75%
- Oxycodone: 5 people, 15.62%
- Prednisone: 4 people, 12.50%
- Oxycontin: 4 people, 12.50%
- Valtrex: 4 people, 12.50%
- Azithromycin: 4 people, 12.50%
- Ondansetron: 4 people, 12.50%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 12 people, 37.50%
- Weakness: 8 people, 25.00%
- Fall: 8 people, 25.00%
- Diarrhea: 7 people, 21.88%
- Coagulation Time Shortened: 7 people, 21.88%
- Haemorrhage Subcutaneous (bleeding from skin): 7 people, 21.88%
- Bleeding Disorders: 7 people, 21.88%
- Fever: 7 people, 21.88%
- Skin Disorder (skin disease): 7 people, 21.88%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 6 people, 18.75%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Head injury while taking Voriconazole?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Head injury
- Subscribe to monitor Head injury in Voriconazole
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Voriconazole and have Head injury
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Head injuryHead injury (2,854 drugs)
Could your condition cause Head injuryHead injury (2,551 conditions)
Voriconazole side effects
- Voriconazole side effects (8,515 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Voriconazolea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Neurasthaenia with Ceenu? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Fingerstick with Novolog Flexpen? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Furuncle with Uloric? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Infection - Hair Follicle with Uloric? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Heart Palpitations with Naprelan? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Hair Follicle Infection with Uloric? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Palpitations Aggravated with Naprelan? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Boils with Uloric? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Irregular Heartbeat with Naprelan? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Heart Racing with Naprelan? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Xeloda - an hour ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Maxide - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Prednisone - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Losartan, Humira, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prednisone, Durezol - 5 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Clexane, Atarax, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Mirtazapine for a 53 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 53 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 16 year old girl who takes Pristiq - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Mirena, Strattera - 13 hours ago
- Prediction of Benadryl, Nabumetone for a 23 year old woman - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Mirena, Strattera - 14 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.