Will you have Hyperkalaemia with Voriconazole - from FDA reports
Hyperkalaemia is found among people who take Voriconazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Piperacillin And Tazobactam, and have Preventive health care. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,511 people who have side effects when taking Voriconazole from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on voriconazole (the active ingredients of Voriconazole) and Voriconazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Hyperkalaemia are also considered in the study.
What is Voriconazole?
Voriconazole has active ingredients of voriconazole. It is often used in aspergillosis. (latest outcomes from Voriconazole 8,545 users)
What is Hyperkalaemia?
Hyperkalaemia (damage to or disease of the kidney) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, atrial fibrillation/flutter, pain (latest reports from 50,300 Hyperkalaemia patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
8,511 people reported to have side effects when taking Voriconazole.
Among them, 75 people (0.88%) have Hyperkalaemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Voriconazole when people have Hyperkalaemia *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.22 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.11 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hyperkalaemia when taking Voriconazole *:
- female: 48.53 %
- male: 51.47 %
Age of people who have Hyperkalaemia when taking Voriconazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 7.58 %
- 10-19: 3.03 %
- 20-29: 10.61 %
- 30-39: 21.21 %
- 40-49: 4.55 %
- 50-59: 18.18 %
- 60+: 34.85 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 14 people, 18.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 11 people, 14.67%
- Immunodeficiency Disorders: 10 people, 13.33%
- Fever: 9 people, 12.00%
- Fungal Infection: 9 people, 12.00%
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis (lung disorder caused by aspergillus fungi): 8 people, 10.67%
- Tuberculosis Gastrointestinal (a bacterial infection of digestive tract by mycobacterium tuberculosis): 7 people, 9.33%
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) (cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts): 7 people, 9.33%
- Pneumonia: 7 people, 9.33%
- Histoplasmosis (infection caused by breathing in spores of a fungus): 7 people, 9.33%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fluconazole: 13 people, 17.33%
- Furosemide: 13 people, 17.33%
- Piperacillin And Tazobactam: 13 people, 17.33%
- Acetaminophen: 12 people, 16.00%
- Bactrim: 12 people, 16.00%
- Acyclovir: 11 people, 14.67%
- Methylprednisolone: 10 people, 13.33%
- Metronidazole: 10 people, 13.33%
- Ondansetron: 10 people, 13.33%
- Heparin: 9 people, 12.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 25 people, 33.33%
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar): 17 people, 22.67%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 16 people, 21.33%
- Cough: 15 people, 20.00%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 14 people, 18.67%
- Fever: 14 people, 18.67%
- Abdominal Pain: 14 people, 18.67%
- Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased: 14 people, 18.67%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 13 people, 17.33%
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 12 people, 16.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Hyperkalaemia while taking Voriconazole?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hyperkalaemia
- Subscribe to monitor Hyperkalaemia in Voriconazole
- Subscribe to monitor Voriconazole
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Voriconazole and have Hyperkalaemia
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with HyperkalaemiaHyperkalaemia (2,630 drugs)
Could your condition cause HyperkalaemiaHyperkalaemia (2,212 conditions)
Voriconazole side effects
- Voriconazole side effects (8,515 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Voriconazolea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Girls aged 10-19 who have High Blood Glucose with Lasix - now
- Will you have Albumin - Urine with Prostatitis? - now
- Will you have Albuminuria with Prostatitis? - a second ago
- Girls aged 10-19 who have High Blood Sugar with Lasix - a second ago
- Will you have Faecaluria with Diovan Hct? - a second ago
- Will you have Urine Albumin with Prostatitis? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Ear, Nose And Throat Examination Abnormal with Convulsion? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Intervertebral Disc Degeneration with Convulsion? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Degenerative Disc Disease with Convulsion? - 4 seconds ago
- Zafirlukast and Valproic Acid drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 5 year old boy who takes Strattera - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Risperidone - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Losartan - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Augmentin '875' - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Myrbetriq - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 80 year old man who takes Xarelto - 13 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.