Vyvanse and Alopecia areata - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Alopecia areata is reported only by a few people who take Vyvanse.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Vyvanse and have Alopecia areata. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,249 people who have side effects while taking Vyvanse from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
25,249 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse.
Among them, 5 people (0.02%) have Alopecia areata.
What is Vyvanse?
Vyvanse has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 32,657 Vyvanse users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Alopecia areata?
Alopecia areata (patchy baldness that typically begins with rapid hair loss) is found to be associated with 924 drugs and 477 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Vyvanse and Alopecia areata reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Alopecia areata when taking Vyvanse *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Alopecia areata when taking Vyvanse *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 60 %
- 10-19: 20 %
- 20-29: 20 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Vyvanse *:
- Xolair: 1 person, 20.00%
- Singulair: 1 person, 20.00%
- Prozac: 1 person, 20.00%
- Nasonex: 1 person, 20.00%
- Lansoprazole: 1 person, 20.00%
- Kapvay: 1 person, 20.00%
- Intuniv: 1 person, 20.00%
- Claritin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Budesonide: 1 person, 20.00%
- Bricanyl: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Alopecia areata *:
- Poor Quality Sleep: 2 people, 40.00%
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 20.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 1 person, 20.00%
- Inappropriate Affect: 1 person, 20.00%
- Heart Rate Increased: 1 person, 20.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 20.00%
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry): 1 person, 20.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 20.00%
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (a childhood disorder described by the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders): 1 person, 20.00%
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis (Eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) is an allergic inflammatory condition of the esophagus that involves eosinophils, a type of white blood cell): 1 person, 20.00%
- Asthma: 1 person, 20.00%
- Anger: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vyvanse and have Alopecia areata?Check whether Alopecia areata is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Najib J, Wimer D, Zeng J, Lam KW, Romanyak N, Paige Morgan E, Thadavila A, "Review of Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in Adults With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder", Journal of central nervous system disease, 2017 Aug .
- Maneeton N, Maneeton B, Suttajit S, Reungyos J, Srisurapanont M, Martin SD, "Exploratory meta-analysis on lisdexamfetamine versus placebo in adult ADHD", Drug design, development and therapy, 2017 Jan .
- Maneeton B, Maneeton N, Likhitsathian S, Suttajit S, Narkpongphun A, Srisurapanont M, Woottiluk P, "Comparative efficacy, acceptability, and tolerability of lisdexamfetamine in child and adolescent ADHD: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials", Drug design, development and therapy, 2013 Jan .
How severe was Alopecia areata and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Vyvanse:
- Vyvanse (32,657 reports)
Common Vyvanse side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 3,352 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,466 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,383 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,150 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1,089 reports
- Depression: 977 reports
Browse all side effects of Vyvanse:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Alopecia areata treatments and more:
- Alopecia areata (4,723 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Alopecia areata:
- Alopecia areata in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Alopecia areata in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Alopecia areata in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Alopecia areata:
All the drugs that are associated with Alopecia areata:
- Alopecia areata (924 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Alopecia areata:
- Alopecia areata (477 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (the active ingredients of Vyvanse) and Vyvanse (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Humalog and Bladder Cancer Stage 0, With Cancer In Situ - 2 seconds ago
- Oramorph Sr and Heart Palpitations - 5 seconds ago
- Effexor and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus - 8 seconds ago
- Zopiclone and Primary Myelofibrosis - 16 seconds ago
- Lorazepam and Ovarian Cysts - 27 seconds ago
- Asmanex Twisthaler and Drug Intolerance - 27 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Dementia Alzheimer'S Type - 28 seconds ago
- Aminophylline and Delirium - 30 seconds ago
- Potassium Chloride and Multiple Myeloma - 34 seconds ago
- Alprazolam and Sepsis Pasteurella - 37 seconds ago