Vyvanse and Balance disorder - from FDA reports
Balance disorder is found among people who take Vyvanse, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vitamin D, and have Narcolepsy. This review analyzes which people have Balance disorder with Vyvanse. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,038 people who have side effects when taking Vyvanse from FDA , and is updated regularly.
12,038 people reported to have side effects when taking Vyvanse.
Among them, 34 people (0.28%) have Balance disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vyvanse when people have Balance disorder *:
- < 1 month: 85.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.29 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Balance disorder when taking Vyvanse *:
- female: 79.41 %
- male: 20.59 %
Age of people who have Balance disorder when taking Vyvanse *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 11.11 %
- 10-19: 18.52 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 7.41 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 18.52 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 6 people, 17.65%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 4 people, 11.76%
- Gait Disturbance: 4 people, 11.76%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 8.82%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 8.82%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D: 7 people, 20.59%
- Xyrem: 6 people, 17.65%
- Abilify: 4 people, 11.76%
- Ampyra: 4 people, 11.76%
- Meclizine: 4 people, 11.76%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11 people, 32.35%
- Dizziness: 11 people, 32.35%
- Stress And Anxiety: 8 people, 23.53%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 7 people, 20.59%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 7 people, 20.59%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vyvanse and have Balance disorder?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Balance disorder
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Vyvanse has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Vyvanse 16,598 users)
Balance disorder has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 49,940 Balance disorder patients).
Drugs that are associated with Balance disorderBalance disorder (2,381 drugs)
Could your condition cause Balance disorderBalance disorder (2,068 conditions)
Vyvanse side effects
- Vyvanse side effects (12,040 reports)
Browse all side effects of Vyvansea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Maneeton N, Maneeton B, Suttajit S, Reungyos J, Srisurapanont M, Martin SD, "Exploratory meta-analysis on lisdexamfetamine versus placebo in adult ADHD", Drug design, development and therapy, 2012 Jan .
- Maneeton B, Maneeton N, Likhitsathian S, Suttajit S, Narkpongphun A, Srisurapanont M, Woottiluk P, "Comparative efficacy, acceptability, and tolerability of lisdexamfetamine in child and adolescent ADHD: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials", Drug design, development and therapy, 2014 Jan .
- Najib J, Wimer D, Zeng J, Lam KW, Romanyak N, Paige Morgan E, Thadavila A, "Review of Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in Adults With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder", Journal of central nervous system disease, 2017 Aug .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Balance Disorder
- Support group for people who have Balance Disorder
- Support group for people who take Vyvanse
You may be interested in these posts
- I am a 41 year old mother of 1 who had had diagnosed stage 4 endometriosis for 15 years, but after several surgeries have been in "remission" for the last 3 years with minimal symptoms. Recently started taking Vyvanse for ADHD and endo symptoms are back and worse than ever, wondering if there is a link.
- Recently stopped med, but seem to be stuck with this awful breathing!
- Yes I am the mother of a son who started Vyvnase @ age 21 to go to Nursing school ( dx mild ADD ) Now he’s a RN but enrolled in the on-line BSN class & states he needs Vyvnase & Adderal in order to work 3- 12 hour shifts @ the hospital & study for his BSN degree.
- I am taking Vyvanse for an eating disorder (or trying to) but get horribly nauseous. The nausea does get somewhat better after time and the drug does seem to keep me from binge eating.
- My name is Kelly Burnett my son is on Vyvanse and 2 years into taking it he developed Narcolepsy too
- Will you have Viral Myocarditis with Presbyacusis?
- Will you have Urinary Incontinence with Decadron?
- Will you have Lip Infection with Presbyacusis?
- Will you have Hepatic Coma with Presbyacusis?
- Will you have Palpitations with Atropine?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Presbyacusis and Viral Myocarditis?
- Support group for people who take Decadron and have Urinary Incontinence?
- Support group for people who have Presbyacusis and Lip Infection?
- Support group for people who have Presbyacusis and Hepatic Coma?
- Support group for people who take Atropine and have Palpitations?
- What to expect when you have Presbyacusis and Viral Myocarditis?
- What to expect when you take Decadron and have Urinary Incontinence?
- What to expect when you have Presbyacusis and Lip Infection?
- What to expect when you have Presbyacusis and Hepatic Coma?
- What to expect when you take Atropine and have Palpitations?
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Hctz, Adderall 20, Zyrtec
- A study for a 22 year old man who takes Buspirone Hcl, Olanzapine
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Vitamin D3, Lexapro, Prilosec Otc
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Dutasteride
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Oxybutynin
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.