Wellbutrin and Depression - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Depression is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Wellbutrin and have Depression. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 93,097 people who have side effects when taking Wellbutrin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
93,097 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin.
Among them, 6,719 people (7.22%) have Depression.
What is Wellbutrin?
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 107,494 Wellbutrin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Depression?
Depression is found to be associated with 4,081 drugs and 3,975 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Wellbutrin and Depression reports submitted per year:
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Depression *:
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Wellbutrin*:
Age of people who have Depression when taking Wellbutrin *:
Common drugs people take besides Wellbutrin *:
Common side effects people have besides Depression *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Wellbutrin and have Depression?Check whether Depression is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Pang, T., & Gudi, A., "Chest pain following the use of fluvoxamine in depression", Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Depression and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride:
- Depression and drugs with ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride (9,505 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Wellbutrin:
- Wellbutrin (107,494 reports)
Common Wellbutrin side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 8,239 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7,356 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 7,302 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 6,901 reports
- Depression: 6,719 reports
- Pain: 5,904 reports
- Dizziness: 5,574 reports
Browse all side effects of Wellbutrin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Depression treatments and more:
- Depression (598,227 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Depression:
- Depression in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Depression in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Depression in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Depression:
- Chantix: 11,911 reports
- Prednisone: 9,984 reports
- Accutane: 9,826 reports
- Oxycontin: 9,692 reports
- Aspirin: 9,458 reports
- Zoloft: 8,834 reports
- Fosamax: 8,381 reports
- Vioxx: 7,964 reports
- Gabapentin: 7,920 reports
- Cymbalta: 7,851 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Depression:
- Depression (4,081 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Depression:
- Multiple sclerosis: 20,384 reports
- Pain: 12,961 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,315 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 10,067 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 9,456 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Depression:
- Depression (3,975 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bupropion hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Wellbutrin) and Wellbutrin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling in Metronidazole, how severe and when it was recovered? - 8 seconds ago
- Escitalopram and Azopt drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Triamcinolone Acetonide and Gallbladder Disease - 29 seconds ago
- Type 2 Diabetes and Hepatic Fibrosis - 34 seconds ago
- How effective is Zithromax for Pneumonia? - 47 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime and Vitamin D Decreased - 57 seconds ago
- Nexium and Nexavar drug interaction - a minute ago
- Hypotension and drugs of ingredients of nabumetone - a minute ago
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Upper-Airway Cough Syndrome - a minute ago
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia and Urinary Tract Infection - a minute ago