Wellbutrin and Dysplasia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dysplasia is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Wellbutrin and have Dysplasia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 93,097 people who have side effects when taking Wellbutrin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
93,097 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin.
Among them, 35 people (0.04%) have Dysplasia.
What is Wellbutrin?
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 107,494 Wellbutrin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dysplasia?
Dysplasia (enlargement of an organ or tissue) is found to be associated with 592 drugs and 312 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Wellbutrin and Dysplasia reports submitted per year:
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Dysplasia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Dysplasia when taking Wellbutrin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.7 %
- 20-29: 14.81 %
- 30-39: 74.07 %
- 40-49: 3.7 %
- 50-59: 3.7 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Wellbutrin *:
- Paxil: 19 people, 54.29%
- Ativan: 19 people, 54.29%
- Gabapentin: 19 people, 54.29%
- Zyprexa: 18 people, 51.43%
- Taxotere: 18 people, 51.43%
- Fenofibrate: 18 people, 51.43%
- Chantix: 18 people, 51.43%
- Celexa: 18 people, 51.43%
- Flonase: 18 people, 51.43%
- Skelaxin: 18 people, 51.43%
Common side effects people have besides Dysplasia *:
- Weight Increased: 25 people, 71.43%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 24 people, 68.57%
- Fever: 23 people, 65.71%
- Injury: 22 people, 62.86%
- Suicidal Ideation: 22 people, 62.86%
- Emotional Distress: 22 people, 62.86%
- Diarrhea: 22 people, 62.86%
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 19 people, 54.29%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 19 people, 54.29%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 19 people, 54.29%
Common conditions people have *:
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 16 people, 45.71%
- Bone Density Decreased: 15 people, 42.86%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 5 people, 14.29%
- Pain: 4 people, 11.43%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 11.43%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 3 people, 8.57%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 3 people, 8.57%
- Bipolar I Disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode): 3 people, 8.57%
- Bone Loss: 3 people, 8.57%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 8.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Wellbutrin and have Dysplasia?Check whether Dysplasia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dysplasia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Wellbutrin:
- Wellbutrin (107,494 reports)
Common Wellbutrin side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 8,239 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7,356 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 7,302 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 6,901 reports
- Depression: 6,719 reports
- Pain: 5,904 reports
- Dizziness: 5,574 reports
Browse all side effects of Wellbutrin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dysplasia treatments and more:
- Dysplasia (1,386 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dysplasia:
- Dysplasia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dysplasia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dysplasia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dysplasia:
- Humira: 120 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dysplasia:
- Dysplasia (592 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dysplasia:
- Dysplasia (312 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bupropion hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Wellbutrin) and Wellbutrin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Artane and Cerebral Hypoxia - 4 seconds ago
- Tudorza Pressair and Broken Bone - 6 seconds ago
- Xolair and Growth Hormone Deficiency - 9 seconds ago
- Lotensin and Allergic Rhinitis - 9 seconds ago
- Stelara and Gestational Hypertension - 16 seconds ago
- Ibrutinib and Urosepsis - 18 seconds ago
- Fosrenol and Skin Atrophy - 27 seconds ago
- Sovaldi and Angioplasty - 27 seconds ago
- Prempro and Breast Atrophy - 40 seconds ago
- Ursodiol and Polyneuropathy - 41 seconds ago