Wellbutrin and Long qt syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Long qt syndrome is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Wellbutrin and have Long qt syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 93,097 people who have side effects when taking Wellbutrin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
93,097 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin.
Among them, 12 people (0.01%) have Long qt syndrome.
What is Wellbutrin?
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 107,263 Wellbutrin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Long qt syndrome?
Long qt syndrome (disorder of the heart's electrical system) is found to be associated with 666 drugs and 382 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Wellbutrin and Long qt syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Long qt syndrome when taking Wellbutrin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Long qt syndrome when taking Wellbutrin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 25 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 75 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Wellbutrin *:
- Latuda: 5 people, 41.67%
- Mobic: 4 people, 33.33%
- Klonopin: 3 people, 25.00%
- Depakote Er: 3 people, 25.00%
- Ativan: 3 people, 25.00%
- Depakote: 2 people, 16.67%
- Abilify: 2 people, 16.67%
- Neurontin: 1 person, 8.33%
- Intrarosa: 1 person, 8.33%
- Gilenya: 1 person, 8.33%
Common side effects people have besides Long qt syndrome *:
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 6 people, 50.00%
- Weight Increased: 5 people, 41.67%
- Suicidal Ideation: 5 people, 41.67%
- Crying: 5 people, 41.67%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 5 people, 41.67%
- Drug Ineffective: 4 people, 33.33%
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: 3 people, 25.00%
- Appetite - Increased (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires): 3 people, 25.00%
- Memory Loss: 3 people, 25.00%
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (developmental disabilities that can cause significant social, communication and behavioural challenges): 3 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Migraine (headache): 6 people, 50.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 50.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Wellbutrin and have Long qt syndrome?Check whether Long qt syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kim HJ, An SH, Cho YH, Kim SY, Lee HG, Yoon SY, "Oxaliplatin-induced Torsades de pointes and long QT syndrome in a patient with gastric cancer", Acta Oncologica, 2013 Aug .
How severe was Long qt syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Wellbutrin:
- Wellbutrin (107,263 reports)
Common Wellbutrin side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 8,239 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7,356 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 7,302 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 6,901 reports
- Depression: 6,719 reports
- Pain: 5,904 reports
- Dizziness: 5,574 reports
Browse all side effects of Wellbutrin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Long qt syndrome treatments and more:
- Long qt syndrome (2,567 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Long qt syndrome:
- Long qt syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Long qt syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Long qt syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Long qt syndrome:
- Furosemide: 147 reports
- Omeprazole: 143 reports
- Ondansetron: 131 reports
- Escitalopram: 106 reports
- Clarithromycin: 102 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Long qt syndrome:
- Long qt syndrome (666 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Long qt syndrome:
All the conditions that are associated with Long qt syndrome:
- Long qt syndrome (382 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bupropion hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Wellbutrin) and Wellbutrin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tecfidera and Scleral Hyperaemia - 7 seconds ago
- Limb Discomfort and Influenza Like Illness - 8 seconds ago
- Probenecid vs. Voltaren - 9 seconds ago
- Olopatadine Hydrochloride and Gingival Abscess - 9 seconds ago
- Lopressor and Iron Dextran drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Probiotic vs. Buspar - 13 seconds ago
- Tecfidera vs. Celexa - 14 seconds ago
- Ezetimibe and Viral Upper Respiratory Tract Infection - 15 seconds ago
- Empagliflozin and Dizziness - 23 seconds ago
- Nesina and Protonix drug interaction - 23 seconds ago