Wellbutrin and Status epilepticus - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Status epilepticus is found among people who take Wellbutrin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Wellbutrin and have Status epilepticus. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 93,097 people who have side effects when taking Wellbutrin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
93,097 people reported to have side effects when taking Wellbutrin.
Among them, 75 people (0.08%) have Status epilepticus.
What is Wellbutrin?
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 107,494 Wellbutrin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Status epilepticus?
Status epilepticus (a life-threatening condition in which the brain is in a state of persistent seizure) is found to be associated with 1,328 drugs and 881 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Wellbutrin and Status epilepticus reports submitted per year:
Time on Wellbutrin when people have Status epilepticus *:
- < 1 month: 47.37 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.53 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.53 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.53 %
- 2 - 5 years: 21.05 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Status epilepticus when taking Wellbutrin *:
- female: 87.5 %
- male: 12.5 %
Age of people who have Status epilepticus when taking Wellbutrin *:
- 0-1: 2.9 %
- 2-9: 4.35 %
- 10-19: 24.64 %
- 20-29: 1.45 %
- 30-39: 24.64 %
- 40-49: 30.43 %
- 50-59: 8.7 %
- 60+: 2.9 %
Common drugs people take besides Wellbutrin *:
- Provigil: 16 people, 21.33%
- Vioxx: 12 people, 16.00%
- Betaseron: 12 people, 16.00%
- Celexa: 8 people, 10.67%
- Gabitril: 7 people, 9.33%
- Prednisone: 5 people, 6.67%
- Cymbalta: 5 people, 6.67%
- Seroquel: 5 people, 6.67%
- Luvox: 4 people, 5.33%
- Amantadine Hydrochloride: 4 people, 5.33%
Common side effects people have besides Status epilepticus *:
- Grand Mal Convulsion (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain): 17 people, 22.67%
- Fall: 13 people, 17.33%
- Cuts And Puncture Wounds: 12 people, 16.00%
- Difficulty In Micturition (difficulty to urinate): 12 people, 16.00%
- Chest Pain: 12 people, 16.00%
- Overdose: 11 people, 14.67%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11 people, 14.67%
- Consciousness - Decreased: 10 people, 13.33%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 9 people, 12.00%
- Immunocomplex Mediated Hypersensitivity (abnormal or pathologic immune reaction that is caused by an immune response to repeated exposure to an antigen): 9 people, 12.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 8 people, 10.67%
- Drowsiness: 3 people, 4.00%
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets, which are necessary for normal blood clotting): 3 people, 4.00%
- Type 1 Diabetes: 2 people, 2.67%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 2 people, 2.67%
- Constipation: 2 people, 2.67%
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation): 2 people, 2.67%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 2.67%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 2.67%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 2.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Wellbutrin and have Status epilepticus?Check whether Status epilepticus is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Status epilepticus and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Wellbutrin:
- Wellbutrin (107,494 reports)
Common Wellbutrin side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 8,239 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7,356 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 7,302 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 6,901 reports
- Depression: 6,719 reports
- Pain: 5,904 reports
- Dizziness: 5,574 reports
Browse all side effects of Wellbutrin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Status epilepticus treatments and more:
- Status epilepticus (16,879 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Status epilepticus:
- Status epilepticus in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Status epilepticus in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Status epilepticus in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Status epilepticus:
- Levetiracetam: 1,805 reports
- Keppra: 1,108 reports
- Valproic acid: 758 reports
- Lacosamide: 666 reports
- Lamotrigine: 659 reports
- Carbamazepine: 633 reports
- Lorazepam: 562 reports
- Topiramate: 548 reports
- Clonazepam: 512 reports
- Vimpat: 500 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Status epilepticus:
- Status epilepticus (1,328 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Status epilepticus:
- Epilepsy: 1,723 reports
- Seizures: 564 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 429 reports
- Depression: 384 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Status epilepticus:
- Status epilepticus (881 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bupropion hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Wellbutrin) and Wellbutrin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Topiramate and Polycythemia Vera - 10 seconds ago
- Aspirin and Vanishing Twin Syndrome - 11 seconds ago
- Zocor and Pancreatolithiasis - 19 seconds ago
- Asenapine Maleate and Impulsive Behavior - 24 seconds ago
- Divalproex and Hypoglycemia - 25 seconds ago
- Celecoxib and Hypophosphataemia - 29 seconds ago
- Anusol Hc and Lac-Hydrin drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Isordil and Muscle Haemorrhage - 38 seconds ago
- Diclofenac and Nasal Polyps - 51 seconds ago
- Prednisolone and Csf Glucose Increased - 52 seconds ago