Xanax and Constipation - from FDA reports
Constipation is found among people who take Xanax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Ambien, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Constipation with Xanax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 84,702 people who have side effects when taking Xanax from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
84,702 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax.
Among them, 2,526 people (2.98%) have Constipation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Xanax when people have Constipation *:
- < 1 month: 24.56 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.04 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.51 %
- 2 - 5 years: 42.11 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.02 %
- 10+ years: 8.77 %
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Xanax *:
- female: 68.46 %
- male: 31.54 %
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Xanax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.1 %
- 10-19: 0.05 %
- 20-29: 3.49 %
- 30-39: 8.49 %
- 40-49: 22.04 %
- 50-59: 23.42 %
- 60+: 42.37 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (389 people, 15.40%)
- Depression (254 people, 10.06%)
- High Blood Pressure (197 people, 7.80%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (151 people, 5.98%)
- Breast Cancer (125 people, 4.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien (448 people, 17.74%)
- Oxycontin (408 people, 16.15%)
- Zometa (397 people, 15.72%)
- Neurontin (345 people, 13.66%)
- Nexium (336 people, 13.30%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (874 people, 34.60%)
- Fatigue (741 people, 29.33%)
- Pain (716 people, 28.35%)
- Diarrhea (619 people, 24.51%)
- Depression (582 people, 23.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Constipation when taking Xanax?
- Check symptoms - is constipation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsConstipation and drugs with ingredients of alprazolam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeConstipation and Xanax from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Xanax 91,866 users)
Constipation has been reported by people with pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 152,391 Constipation patients).
Browse all side effects of Xanaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ConstipationConstipation
Could your condition cause ConstipationConstipation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello. My eyes have become very bloodshot these last 5 days I have glaucoma for many years and I have been using generic Xalatan for many years as well. A few months ago I was prescribed a new eyedrop to use together with Xalatan, Brimonidine, this last eyedrops make my eyes bloodshot like but ...