Xanax and Nail ridging - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Nail ridging is reported only by a few people who take Xanax.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xanax and have Nail ridging. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 119,807 people who have side effects while taking Xanax from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
119,807 people reported to have side effects when taking Xanax.
Among them, 4 people (0.0%) have Nail ridging.
What is Xanax?
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. eHealthMe is studying from 128,154 Xanax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nail ridging?
Nail ridging (nail has raised ridges and is thin and curved inward) is found to be associated with 422 drugs and 280 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xanax and Nail ridging reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Nail ridging when taking Xanax *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Nail ridging when taking Xanax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Xanax *:
- Zofran: 1 person, 25.00%
- Xeloda: 1 person, 25.00%
- Carafate: 1 person, 25.00%
- Coenzyme Q10: 1 person, 25.00%
- Duragesic: 1 person, 25.00%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 25.00%
- Gilotrif: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lidocaine: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lisinopril: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lutein: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Nail ridging *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 50.00%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 2 people, 50.00%
- Weight Decreased: 2 people, 50.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 2 people, 50.00%
- Skin Tightness: 2 people, 50.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 2 people, 50.00%
- Rashes (redness): 2 people, 50.00%
- Hair Loss: 1 person, 25.00%
- Memory Loss: 1 person, 25.00%
- Itching: 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 25.00%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 25.00%
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 1 person, 25.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 25.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 25.00%
- Fever: 1 person, 25.00%
- Eye Disorder: 1 person, 25.00%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xanax and have Nail ridging?Check whether Nail ridging is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Nail ridging and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of alprazolam:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xanax:
- Xanax (128,154 reports)
Common Xanax side effects:
- Stress and anxiety: 10,999 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 10,095 reports
- Pain: 9,295 reports
- Drug ineffective: 8,724 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 8,331 reports
- Depression: 7,609 reports
- Weakness: 7,485 reports
Browse all side effects of Xanax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Nail ridging treatments and more:
- Nail ridging (424 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Nail ridging in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Nail ridging in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging (422 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging (280 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alprazolam (the active ingredients of Xanax) and Xanax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 and Coughing Up Blood - 7 seconds ago
- Kariva and Vitamin B12 drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Zyban and Glaucoma - 48 seconds ago
- Cytomel vs. Methimazole - 59 seconds ago
- Bactrim and Basal Cell Carcinoma - a minute ago
- Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide and Tagamet drug interaction - a minute ago
- Diflucan and Enteritis Necroticans - 2 minutes ago
- Detrol and Hypotonia - 2 minutes ago
- Syringomyelia and Constipation - 3 minutes ago
- Meridia vs. Vitamin D - 3 minutes ago