Xarelto and Death - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Death is found among people who take Xarelto, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 195,181 people who have side effects when taking Xarelto from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
195,181 people reported to have side effects when taking Xarelto.
Among them, 6,147 people (3.15%) died.
What is Xarelto?
Xarelto has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 197,129 Xarelto users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Xarelto and Death reports submitted per year:
Time on Xarelto when people died *:
Gender of people who died when taking Xarelto*:
Age of people who died when taking Xarelto *:
Common drugs people take besides Xarelto *:
Common side effects people have before they died *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of rivaroxaban:
- Death and drugs with ingredients of rivaroxaban (6,594 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xarelto:
- Xarelto (197,129 reports)
Common Xarelto side effects:
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose): 7,535 reports
- Death: 6,147 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 5,968 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5,818 reports
Browse all side effects of Xarelto:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
COVID vaccines that are related to Death:
- Death in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Death in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Death in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Death:
- Oxycontin: 25,919 reports
- Revlimid: 24,344 reports
- Duragesic: 15,960 reports
- Dilaudid: 15,851 reports
- Percocet: 15,739 reports
- Prolia: 14,914 reports
- Ms contin: 14,867 reports
- Aranesp: 14,840 reports
- Aspirin: 14,746 reports
- Opana: 13,795 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Death:
- Death (4,467 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Death:
- Multiple myeloma: 23,142 reports
- Pain: 20,012 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 17,771 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Death:
- Death (3,693 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rivaroxaban (the active ingredients of Xarelto) and Xarelto (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nulytely and Urinary Incontinence Aggravated - now
- Psorcon and Coronary Artery Disease Aggravated - a second ago
- Dabigatran Etexilate Mesylate and Famotidine drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Varenicline Tartrate and Omeprazole drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Dark Circles Under Eyes in Vyvanse, how severe and when it was recovered? - 6 seconds ago
- Pregabalin and Peripheral Sensorimotor Neuropathy - 8 seconds ago
- Zemplar and Prothrombin Time Shortened - 13 seconds ago
- Hydrea and Dramamine drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Sevelamer Carbonate and Secretion Discharge - 22 seconds ago
- Depo-Provera and Malaria - 26 seconds ago