Xarelto and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people who take Xarelto, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Revlimid, and have Stroke. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Xarelto. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 87,540 people who have side effects when taking Xarelto from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 18, 2017
87,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Xarelto.
Among them, 1,414 people (1.62%) have Diarrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Xarelto when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 51.84 %
- 1 - 6 months: 31.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.53 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.94 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.45 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.41 %
- 10+ years: 0.41 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xarelto *:
- female: 58.55 %
- male: 41.45 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xarelto *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.76 %
- 30-39: 1.34 %
- 40-49: 8.78 %
- 50-59: 12.6 %
- 60+: 76.53 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stroke (254 people, 17.96%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (106 people, 7.50%)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (96 people, 6.79%)
- High Blood Pressure (91 people, 6.44%)
- Multiple Myeloma (84 people, 5.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid (93 people, 6.58%)
- Lasix (89 people, 6.29%)
- Amlodipine (80 people, 5.66%)
- Metformin (78 people, 5.52%)
- Adempas (71 people, 5.02%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (312 people, 22.07%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (221 people, 15.63%)
- Headache (171 people, 12.09%)
- Fatigue (170 people, 12.02%)
- Dizziness (165 people, 11.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Diarrhea when taking Xarelto?
- Check symptoms - is diarrhea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDiarrhea and drugs with ingredients of rivaroxaban.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiarrhea and Xarelto from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Xarelto has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Xarelto 88,588 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,023 Diarrhea patients).
Browse all side effects of Xareltoa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea
Could your condition cause DiarrheaDiarrhea
What would happen?
Questions to the study
A 59yo male, After 3 weeks, Feeling cold in hands and legs especially in evening when sitting and at bedtime. Stiffness and burning in fingers. Extra clothes cause sweating while hands and legs remain cold. Hot water bottle is helpful. Sometimes cold body core feeling makes it difficult to go to ...
Is Gabapentin make you diarhea. I have that symtom . It is so seriously. What medication coould help me to stop it ? Even I take Lomotril It doesn't working . I always made it my pant . I'm so shame . I did talk to my primary doctor. He just gave me Lomotril . I need help ! ...
I was diagnosed with VIPoma this past March. I have had Ultrasounds, CT's, MRI's, Octreotide Scan, MIBG, Pill Cam and have not been able to pinpoint the location of the tumor. My doctor states that eventually it will show itself. Has anyone had this issue where their blood work is stating ...