Xarelto and Ear barotrauma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ear barotrauma is reported only by a few people who take Xarelto.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xarelto and have Ear barotrauma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 195,181 people who have side effects while taking Xarelto from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
195,181 people reported to have side effects when taking Xarelto.
Among them, 2 people (0.0%) have Ear barotrauma.
What is Xarelto?
Xarelto has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 197,146 Xarelto users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ear barotrauma?
Ear barotrauma (discomfort and possible damage in the ear due to pressure differences between the inside and outside of the eardrum) is found to be associated with 936 drugs and 586 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xarelto and Ear barotrauma reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ear barotrauma when taking Xarelto *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Ear barotrauma when taking Xarelto *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Xarelto *:
- Vitamin D3: 1 person, 50.00%
- Keflex: 1 person, 50.00%
- Colace: 1 person, 50.00%
- Coumadin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 50.00%
- Flexeril: 1 person, 50.00%
- Imdur: 1 person, 50.00%
- Imodium A-D: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lasix: 1 person, 50.00%
- Vicodin Es: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Ear barotrauma *:
- Weakness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 50.00%
- Activities Of Daily Living Impaired: 1 person, 50.00%
- Autonomic Neuropathy (malfunction of the autonomic nervous system (ans)): 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Magnesium Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Potassium Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cough: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 1 person, 50.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 1 person, 50.00%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xarelto and have Ear barotrauma?Check whether Ear barotrauma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Ear barotrauma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of rivaroxaban:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xarelto:
- Xarelto (197,146 reports)
Common Xarelto side effects:
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose): 7,535 reports
- Death: 6,147 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 5,968 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5,818 reports
Browse all side effects of Xarelto:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ear barotrauma treatments and more:
- Ear barotrauma (1,372 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ear barotrauma:
- Ear barotrauma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ear barotrauma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ear barotrauma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ear barotrauma:
All the drugs that are associated with Ear barotrauma:
- Ear barotrauma (936 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ear barotrauma:
- Osteoporosis: 264 reports
- High blood pressure: 112 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Ear barotrauma:
- Ear barotrauma (586 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rivaroxaban (the active ingredients of Xarelto) and Xarelto (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide vs. Trandolapril - 3 seconds ago
- Percodan vs. Lexapro - 4 seconds ago
- Haloperidol and Drowsiness - 6 seconds ago
- Melphalan Hydrochloride and Burkitt Lymphoma - 10 seconds ago
- Haloperidol and Completed Suicide - 15 seconds ago
- Haloperidol and Aggression - 18 seconds ago
- Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and Dry Mouth - 23 seconds ago
- Haloperidol and Psychotic Disorder - 26 seconds ago
- Metastases To Liver and Skin Reaction - 31 seconds ago
- Haloperidol and Drug Ineffective - 34 seconds ago