Xarelto and Gastric varices haemorrhage - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 204,300 people who have side effects when taking Xarelto. Gastric varices haemorrhage is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Coumadin and have Stroke.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xarelto and have Gastric varices haemorrhage. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
204,300 people reported to have side effects when taking Xarelto.
Among them, 6 people (0.0%) have Gastric varices haemorrhage.
What is Xarelto?
Xarelto has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 206,346 Xarelto users.
What is Gastric varices haemorrhage?
Gastric varices haemorrhage (dilated submucosal veins in the stomach with bleeding) is found to be associated with 205 drugs and 144 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 379 people who have Gastric varices haemorrhage.
Number of Xarelto and Gastric varices haemorrhage reports submitted per year:
Time on Xarelto when people have Gastric varices haemorrhage *:
- < 1 month: 75 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 25 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gastric varices haemorrhage when taking Xarelto *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Gastric varices haemorrhage when taking Xarelto *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 83.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Xarelto *:
- Nexavar: 1 person, 16.67%
- Lovenox: 1 person, 16.67%
- Coumadin: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Gastric varices haemorrhage *:
- Weakness: 1 person, 16.67%
- Intestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding from intestine): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hospitalisation: 1 person, 16.67%
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine): 1 person, 16.67%
- Haematochezia (passage of stools containing blood): 1 person, 16.67%
- Femur Fracture: 1 person, 16.67%
- Fall: 1 person, 16.67%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 16.67%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 3 people, 50.00%
- Embolism (obstruction of an artery, typically by a clot of blood or an air bubble): 2 people, 33.33%
- Pvt: 1 person, 16.67%
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 1 person, 16.67%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 16.67%
- Hepatic Vein Thrombosis (obstruction in the veins of the liver caused by a blood clot): 1 person, 16.67%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xarelto and have Gastric varices haemorrhage?Check whether Gastric varices haemorrhage is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Xarelto side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Xarelto side effects (206,346 reports)
Gastric varices haemorrhage treatments and more:
- Gastric varices haemorrhage (379 reports)
All the drugs that are associated with Gastric varices haemorrhage:
- Gastric varices haemorrhage (205 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Gastric varices haemorrhage:
- Gastric varices haemorrhage (144 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rivaroxaban (the active ingredients of Xarelto) and Xarelto (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Meropenem and Sennosides drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Tracleer and Urine Odor Abnormal - 16 seconds ago
- Claritin and Viread drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Theo-24 and Sertraline drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Cubicin and Calcium drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Nyquil and Pegasys drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Prevacid and Methylfolate drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Levoxyl and Faeces Discolored - 53 seconds ago
- Pepcid Ac and Dexilant drug interaction - a minute ago
- Klor-Con and Desvenlafaxine drug interaction - a minute ago