Xeljanz and Diarrhea - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 222,287 people who have side effects when taking Xeljanz. Diarrhea is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Enbrel and have Ulcerative colitis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xeljanz and have Diarrhea. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
222,287 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeljanz.
Among them, 12,636 people (5.68%) have Diarrhea.
What is Xeljanz?
Xeljanz has active ingredients of tofacitinib citrate. It is used in rheumatoid arthritis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 222,436 Xeljanz users.
What is Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is found to be associated with 4,708 drugs and 5,610 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 706,565 people who have Diarrhea.
Number of Xeljanz and Diarrhea reports submitted per year:
Time on Xeljanz when people have Diarrhea *:
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xeljanz*:
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xeljanz *:
Common drugs people take besides Xeljanz *:
Common side effects people have besides Diarrhea *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xeljanz and have Diarrhea?Check whether Diarrhea is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Xeljanz side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Xeljanz side effects (222,436 reports)
Diarrhea treatments and more:
- Diarrhea (706,565 reports)
Common drugs associated with Diarrhea:
- Prednisone: 37,703 reports
- Aspirin: 32,034 reports
- Metformin: 28,112 reports
- Humira: 27,396 reports
- Revlimid: 27,180 reports
- Otezla: 25,289 reports
- Omeprazole: 22,759 reports
- Methotrexate: 22,500 reports
- Amlodipine: 19,233 reports
- Pantoprazole: 19,121 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Diarrhea:
- Diarrhea (4,708 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Diarrhea:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 30,768 reports
- Crohn's disease: 27,896 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 27,552 reports
- High blood pressure: 26,538 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 23,487 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Diarrhea:
- Diarrhea (5,610 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tofacitinib citrate (the active ingredients of Xeljanz) and Xeljanz (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Anoro Ellipta and Loperamide Hydrochloride drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Ultram and Feraheme drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Duac and Xanax drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Monistat 3 and Hydrochlorothiazide drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Armour Thyroid and Triamterene drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Cubicin and Codeine drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Optimark and Dizziness Aggravated - 24 seconds ago
- Cefazolin and Theophylline drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Zoledronic Acid and Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis) - 36 seconds ago
- Amlodipine Besylate and Arnuity Ellipta drug interaction - 44 seconds ago