Xeljanz and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is found among people who take Xeljanz, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xeljanz and have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 192,294 people who have side effects when taking Xeljanz from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
192,294 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeljanz.
Among them, 1,091 people (0.57%) have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
What is Xeljanz?
Xeljanz has active ingredients of tofacitinib citrate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 192,438 Xeljanz users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (chronic lung disease) is found to be associated with 2,461 drugs and 2,140 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xeljanz and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Xeljanz when people have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis *:
Gender of people who have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis when taking Xeljanz*:
Age of people who have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis when taking Xeljanz *:
Common drugs people take besides Xeljanz *:
Common side effects people have besides Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xeljanz and have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?Check whether Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tofacitinib citrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xeljanz:
- Xeljanz (192,438 reports)
Common Xeljanz side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 48,562 reports
- Pain: 26,984 reports
- Joint pain: 21,086 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 20,971 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 16,775 reports
- Joint swelling: 15,442 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 13,556 reports
- Rashes (redness): 12,562 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 11,656 reports
Browse all side effects of Xeljanz:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatments and more:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (68,085 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Methotrexate: 3,515 reports
- Prednisone: 2,846 reports
- Enbrel: 2,030 reports
- Humira: 1,994 reports
- Ofev: 1,513 reports
- Remicade: 1,267 reports
- Actemra: 1,143 reports
- Leflunomide: 1,137 reports
- Aspirin: 1,108 reports
- Xeljanz: 1,091 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (2,461 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,403 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 1,072 reports
- High blood pressure: 931 reports
- Osteoporosis: 667 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (2,140 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tofacitinib citrate (the active ingredients of Xeljanz) and Xeljanz (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Guaifenesin and Quit Smoking - 6 seconds ago
- Lovastatin and Phentermine drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Enalaprilat drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Aldactone and Rheumatoid Arthritis - 13 seconds ago
- Orphenadrine Citrate and Gastritis - 13 seconds ago
- Briviact and Tongue Biting - 14 seconds ago
- Exidine and Benicar Hct drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Advil Allergy And Congestion Relief and Vomiting Aggravated - 39 seconds ago
- Torsemide vs. Nifedipine - 49 seconds ago
- Tracleer and Hepatitis Fulminant - 59 seconds ago