Xeljanz and Intra-abdominal haemorrhage - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Intra-abdominal haemorrhage is reported only by a few people who take Xeljanz.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xeljanz and have Intra-abdominal haemorrhage. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 192,294 people who have side effects while taking Xeljanz from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
192,294 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeljanz.
Among them, 4 people (0.0%) have Intra-abdominal haemorrhage.
What is Xeljanz?
Xeljanz has active ingredients of tofacitinib citrate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 192,432 Xeljanz users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Intra-abdominal haemorrhage?
Intra-abdominal haemorrhage (intra-abdominal bleeding) is found to be associated with 709 drugs and 460 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xeljanz and Intra-abdominal haemorrhage reports submitted per year:
Time on Xeljanz when people have Intra-abdominal haemorrhage *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Intra-abdominal haemorrhage when taking Xeljanz *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Intra-abdominal haemorrhage when taking Xeljanz *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Xeljanz *:
- Prednisone: 1 person, 25.00%
- Mobic: 1 person, 25.00%
- Methotrexate: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Intra-abdominal haemorrhage *:
- Pneumonia: 2 people, 50.00%
- Vascular Rupture: 1 person, 25.00%
- Musculoskeletal Discomfort (discomfort in the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 1 person, 25.00%
- Benign Neoplasm Of Bladder (benign (non-cancerous) tumours of the bladder): 1 person, 25.00%
- Bladder Cancer: 1 person, 25.00%
- Blood Urine Present: 1 person, 25.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 25.00%
- Flank Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen): 1 person, 25.00%
- Head Injury: 1 person, 25.00%
- Kidney Infection: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xeljanz and have Intra-abdominal haemorrhage?Check whether Intra-abdominal haemorrhage is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Intra-abdominal haemorrhage and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tofacitinib citrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xeljanz:
- Xeljanz (192,432 reports)
Common Xeljanz side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 48,562 reports
- Pain: 26,984 reports
- Joint pain: 21,086 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 20,971 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 16,775 reports
- Joint swelling: 15,442 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 13,556 reports
- Rashes (redness): 12,562 reports
Browse all side effects of Xeljanz:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Intra-abdominal haemorrhage treatments and more:
- Intra-abdominal haemorrhage (2,689 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Intra-abdominal haemorrhage:
- Intra-abdominal haemorrhage in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Intra-abdominal haemorrhage in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Intra-abdominal haemorrhage in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Intra-abdominal haemorrhage:
- Aspirin: 184 reports
- Heparin: 163 reports
- Xarelto: 162 reports
- Prednisone: 145 reports
- Omeprazole: 122 reports
- Lasix: 111 reports
- Coumadin: 106 reports
- Mirena: 103 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Intra-abdominal haemorrhage:
- Intra-abdominal haemorrhage (709 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Intra-abdominal haemorrhage:
All the conditions that are associated with Intra-abdominal haemorrhage:
- Intra-abdominal haemorrhage (460 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tofacitinib citrate (the active ingredients of Xeljanz) and Xeljanz (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levaquin and Tamsulosin drug interaction - a second ago
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Appetite Disorder - 4 seconds ago
- Maxzide and Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-Dependent - 8 seconds ago
- Ajovy and Taste - Impaired - 9 seconds ago
- Dynacirc and Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter - 11 seconds ago
- Maxipime and Tumor Lysis Syndrome - 13 seconds ago
- Clonazepam and Hyperkalemia - 13 seconds ago
- Xarelto and Euphoric Mood - 18 seconds ago
- Buspar and Marinol drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Centrum Silver and Photosensitivity Reaction - 23 seconds ago