Xeljanz and Intraocular melanoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Intraocular melanoma is found among people who take Xeljanz, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xeljanz and have Intraocular melanoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 192,294 people who have side effects when taking Xeljanz from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
192,294 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeljanz.
Among them, 12 people (0.01%) have Intraocular melanoma.
What is Xeljanz?
Xeljanz has active ingredients of tofacitinib citrate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 192,425 Xeljanz users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Intraocular melanoma?
Intraocular melanoma (cancer (melanoma) of the eye) is found to be associated with 152 drugs and 67 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xeljanz and Intraocular melanoma reports submitted per year:
Time on Xeljanz when people have Intraocular melanoma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 50 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Intraocular melanoma when taking Xeljanz *:
- female: 91.67 %
- male: 8.33 %
Age of people who have Intraocular melanoma when taking Xeljanz *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 18.18 %
- 60+: 81.82 %
Common drugs people take besides Xeljanz *:
- Zolpidem: 5 people, 41.67%
- Vitamin D3: 5 people, 41.67%
- Percocet: 5 people, 41.67%
- Baby Aspirin: 5 people, 41.67%
- Vitamin B12: 2 people, 16.67%
- Tylenol: 2 people, 16.67%
- Lexapro: 2 people, 16.67%
- Clopidogrel: 2 people, 16.67%
- Klor-Con M10: 1 person, 8.33%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 8.33%
Common side effects people have besides Intraocular melanoma *:
- Diarrhea: 6 people, 50.00%
- Malignant Neoplasm Of Eye (cancer tumour of eye): 5 people, 41.67%
- Skin Papilloma (a general medical term for a tumour of the skin or mucous membrane with finger-like projections): 5 people, 41.67%
- Rhinorrhea (watery mucus discharge from the nose): 5 people, 41.67%
- Drug Ineffective: 5 people, 41.67%
- Hair Loss: 5 people, 41.67%
- Pain In Extremity: 5 people, 41.67%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 4 people, 33.33%
- Blood Sodium Decreased: 4 people, 33.33%
- Weakness: 4 people, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 7 people, 58.33%
- Sleep Disorder: 5 people, 41.67%
- Pain In Extremity: 5 people, 41.67%
- Cardiac Disorder: 5 people, 41.67%
- Pain: 3 people, 25.00%
- Eye Disorder: 3 people, 25.00%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 3 people, 25.00%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xeljanz and have Intraocular melanoma?Check whether Intraocular melanoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Intraocular melanoma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tofacitinib citrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xeljanz:
- Xeljanz (192,425 reports)
Common Xeljanz side effects:
Browse all side effects of Xeljanz:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Intraocular melanoma treatments and more:
- Intraocular melanoma (325 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Intraocular melanoma:
- Intraocular melanoma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Intraocular melanoma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Intraocular melanoma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Intraocular melanoma:
- Intraocular melanoma (152 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Intraocular melanoma:
- Intraocular melanoma (67 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tofacitinib citrate (the active ingredients of Xeljanz) and Xeljanz (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lescol Xl and Tongue Biting - 2 seconds ago
- Ibu and Abnormal Faeces - 6 seconds ago
- Duac and Irritability - 16 seconds ago
- Ativan and Pleural Mesothelioma - 19 seconds ago
- Hair Loss in L-Glutamine, how severe and when it was recovered? - 23 seconds ago
- Pepcid and Hangover (Exc Alcohol) - 32 seconds ago
- Ezetimibe and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Obstructive Airways Disorder - a minute ago
- Vancomycin Hydrochloride and Prograf drug interaction - a minute ago
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Musculoskeletal Stiffness - a minute ago