Xeljanz and Multiple myeloma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Multiple myeloma is found among people who take Xeljanz, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xeljanz and have Multiple myeloma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 154,505 people who have side effects when taking Xeljanz from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
154,505 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeljanz.
Among them, 27 people (0.02%) have Multiple myeloma.
What is Xeljanz?
Xeljanz has active ingredients of tofacitinib citrate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 154,626 Xeljanz users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Multiple myeloma?
Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) is found to be associated with 1,857 drugs and 1,134 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xeljanz and Multiple myeloma reports submitted per year:
Time on Xeljanz when people have Multiple myeloma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 25 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Multiple myeloma when taking Xeljanz *:
- female: 73.08 %
- male: 26.92 %
Age of people who have Multiple myeloma when taking Xeljanz *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 19.05 %
- 60+: 80.95 %
Common drugs people take besides Xeljanz *:
- Orencia: 4 people, 14.81%
- Humira: 4 people, 14.81%
- Enbrel: 4 people, 14.81%
- Azulfidine: 2 people, 7.41%
- Novolog: 1 person, 3.70%
- Neurontin: 1 person, 3.70%
- Mobic: 1 person, 3.70%
- Metformin: 1 person, 3.70%
- Losartan: 1 person, 3.70%
- Diclofenac: 1 person, 3.70%
Common side effects people have besides Multiple myeloma *:
- Osteolysis (dissolution of bone): 5 people, 18.52%
- Spinal Compression Fracture (fracture due to spinal compression on bone): 4 people, 14.81%
- Hypergammaglobulinaemia Benign Monoclonal (elevated levels of gamma globulin): 4 people, 14.81%
- Pancreatic Cyst: 4 people, 14.81%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 3 people, 11.11%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 2 people, 7.41%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 7.41%
- Blood Disorder: 2 people, 7.41%
- Inflammation: 2 people, 7.41%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 2 people, 7.41%
Common conditions people have *:
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 2 people, 7.41%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 1 person, 3.70%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 3.70%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 3.70%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 3.70%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xeljanz and have Multiple myeloma?Check whether Multiple myeloma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xeljanz:
- Xeljanz (154,626 reports)
Multiple myeloma treatments and more:
- Multiple myeloma (377,570 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Multiple myeloma:
- Multiple myeloma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Multiple myeloma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Multiple myeloma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Multiple myeloma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tofacitinib citrate:
Common drugs associated with Multiple myeloma:
All the drugs that are associated with Multiple myeloma:
- Multiple myeloma (1,857 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Multiple myeloma:
All the conditions that are associated with Multiple myeloma:
- Multiple myeloma (1,134 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tofacitinib citrate (the active ingredients of Xeljanz) and Xeljanz (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Accutane and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - 15 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Fainting - 16 seconds ago
- Metformin and Colitis Microscopic - 17 seconds ago
- Toxic Encephalopathy and johnson and johnson covid vaccine - 25 seconds ago
- Concerta and Macrobid drug interaction - 36 seconds ago