Xeljanz and Rheumatoid arthritis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Rheumatoid arthritis is found among people who take Xeljanz, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xeljanz and have Rheumatoid arthritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 192,294 people who have side effects when taking Xeljanz from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
192,294 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeljanz.
Among them, 20,971 people (10.91%) have Rheumatoid arthritis.
What is Xeljanz?
Xeljanz has active ingredients of tofacitinib citrate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 192,441 Xeljanz users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) is found to be associated with 2,843 drugs and 2,037 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xeljanz and Rheumatoid arthritis reports submitted per year:
Time on Xeljanz when people have Rheumatoid arthritis *:
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Xeljanz*:
Age of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Xeljanz *:
Common drugs people take besides Xeljanz *:
Common side effects people have besides Rheumatoid arthritis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xeljanz and have Rheumatoid arthritis?Check whether Rheumatoid arthritis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mathai, P. C., Andrade, N. N., Aggarwal, N., Nerurkar, S., & Kapoor, P. , "Low-dose methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis: a potential risk factor for bisphosphonate-induced osteonecrosis of the jaw", Oral and maxillofacial surgery, 2018 Jan .
- Azuma N, Matsui K, Hashimoto N, Yoshikawa T, Sano H, "Successful Switch to Golimumab for Eosinophilia and Skin Symptoms Related to Multiple Biologics in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis", Internal Medicine, 2017 Jun .
- Saif MW, "Rheumatoid arthritis associated with the use of Sandostatin? LAR? depot in a patient with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor", An association or a coincidence? The first case report, 2017 Jan .
- Ahmed AB, Radwan AM, Baddary HM, "Prevalence of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Relationship with Disease Activity", The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2016 Jan .
How severe was Rheumatoid arthritis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tofacitinib citrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xeljanz:
- Xeljanz (192,441 reports)
Common Xeljanz side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 48,562 reports
- Pain: 26,984 reports
- Joint pain: 21,086 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 20,971 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 16,775 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 16,267 reports
- Joint swelling: 15,442 reports
- Diarrhea: 12,636 reports
- Rashes (redness): 12,562 reports
Browse all side effects of Xeljanz:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Rheumatoid arthritis treatments and more:
- Rheumatoid arthritis (947,920 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Rheumatoid arthritis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Rheumatoid arthritis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Enbrel: 56,475 reports
- Methotrexate: 52,705 reports
- Humira: 39,149 reports
- Prednisone: 29,377 reports
- Orencia: 26,592 reports
- Actemra: 25,436 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 23,458 reports
- Xeljanz: 20,971 reports
- Arava: 20,257 reports
- Remicade: 19,890 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2,843 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
All the conditions that are associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2,037 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tofacitinib citrate (the active ingredients of Xeljanz) and Xeljanz (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen and Cardizem Cd drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Humulin R and Uterine Leiomyoma - 12 seconds ago
- How effective is Xeloda for Colon Cancer? - 23 seconds ago
- Dovato and Fluid Retention - 26 seconds ago
- Fycompa and Irritability - 31 seconds ago
- Flexeril and Abdominal Strangulated Hernia - 34 seconds ago
- Leflunomide and Muscle Abscess - 34 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen Lysine and Stress And Anxiety - 36 seconds ago
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura and drugs of ingredients of digoxin - 36 seconds ago
- High Blood Cholesterol and Ovarian Adenoma - 36 seconds ago