Will you have Musculoskeletal pain with Xeloda - from FDA reports
Musculoskeletal pain is found among people who take Xeloda, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35,216 people who have side effects when taking Xeloda from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on capecitabine (the active ingredients of Xeloda) and Xeloda (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Musculoskeletal pain are also considered in the study.
What is Xeloda?
Xeloda has active ingredients of capecitabine. It is often used in breast cancer metastatic. (latest outcomes from Xeloda 35,541 users)
What is Musculoskeletal pain?
Musculoskeletal pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain (latest reports from 53,140 Musculoskeletal pain patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
35,216 people reported to have side effects when taking Xeloda.
Among them, 303 people (0.86%) have Musculoskeletal pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Xeloda when people have Musculoskeletal pain *:
- < 1 month: 51.61 %
- 1 - 6 months: 32.26 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.9 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.23 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Musculoskeletal pain when taking Xeloda *:
- female: 86.58 %
- male: 13.42 %
Age of people who have Musculoskeletal pain when taking Xeloda *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.88 %
- 20-29: 4.42 %
- 30-39: 9.73 %
- 40-49: 26.11 %
- 50-59: 27.43 %
- 60+: 31.42 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 48 people, 15.84%
- Pain: 25 people, 8.25%
- High Blood Pressure: 19 people, 6.27%
- Preventive Health Care: 16 people, 5.28%
- Stress And Anxiety: 12 people, 3.96%
- Breast Cancer Female: 11 people, 3.63%
- Fungal Infection: 11 people, 3.63%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 10 people, 3.30%
- Hypercalcaemia (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood): 10 people, 3.30%
- Fever: 10 people, 3.30%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 210 people, 69.31%
- Aredia: 127 people, 41.91%
- Taxotere: 123 people, 40.59%
- Faslodex: 103 people, 33.99%
- Coumadin: 102 people, 33.66%
- Cytoxan: 92 people, 30.36%
- Arimidex: 92 people, 30.36%
- Avastin: 90 people, 29.70%
- Decadron: 83 people, 27.39%
- Zofran: 81 people, 26.73%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 205 people, 67.66%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 169 people, 55.78%
- Stress And Anxiety: 163 people, 53.80%
- Back Pain: 148 people, 48.84%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 145 people, 47.85%
- Joint Pain: 139 people, 45.87%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 135 people, 44.55%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 126 people, 41.58%
- Breathing Difficulty: 121 people, 39.93%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 121 people, 39.93%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Musculoskeletal pain while taking Xeloda?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Musculoskeletal pain
- Subscribe to monitor Musculoskeletal pain in Xeloda
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Xeloda and have Musculoskeletal pain
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Pinto HP, Bhat RM, Shet D, Dandekeri S, "Compound mucocutaneous adverse effects of oral capecitabine in a patient", Indian dermatology online journal, 2014 Jan .
- Kang SM, Baek JY, Hwangbo B, Kim HY, Lee GK, Lee HS, "A case of capecitabine-induced sarcoidosis", Tuberculosis and respiratory diseases, 2012 Mar .
Drugs that are associated with Musculoskeletal painMusculoskeletal pain (2,224 drugs)
Could your condition cause Musculoskeletal painMusculoskeletal pain (1,578 conditions)
Xeloda side effects
- Xeloda side effects (35,268 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Xelodaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- What to expect when you take Omeprazole and have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness? - now
- Will you have Magnetic Resonance Imaging - Heart with Zinaderm Overdose? - now
- Will you have Atherosclerosis - Aging with Mirena? - a second ago
- Will you have Potassium - High with Lentinan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hyperkalaemia with Lentinan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have High Potassium with Lentinan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Elevated Potassium with Lentinan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Blood Potassium Increased with Lentinan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hyperkalemia with Lentinan? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Transsexualism with Acetaminophen? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 36 year old man who takes Magnesium Aspartate, Aleve, Klonopin, Metoprolol Succinate, Tylenol, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 36 year old man who takes Klonopin, Magnesium Aspartate, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Flexeril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Effexor Xr, Spironolactone, Zoloft, Prozac, Buspar, Omeprazole for a 32 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 32 year old woman who takes Spironolactone, Flexeril, Effexor Xr - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Tramadol - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Nyquil, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium - 8 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Nyquil for a 23 year old woman - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Flonase, Benzonatate, Allegra Allergy - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Adderall 30 - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Adderall 30 - 10 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.