Xenazine and Hot flush - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hot flush is found among people who take Xenazine, especially for people who are 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xenazine and have Hot flush. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,264 people who have side effects when taking Xenazine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,264 people reported to have side effects when taking Xenazine.
Among them, 13 people (0.18%) have Hot flush.
What is Xenazine?
Xenazine has active ingredients of tetrabenazine. eHealthMe is studying from 7,281 Xenazine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hot flush?
Hot flush (sudden feelings of heat) is found to be associated with 2,938 drugs and 2,239 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xenazine and Hot flush reports submitted per year:
Time on Xenazine when people have Hot flush *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 66.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hot flush when taking Xenazine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 75 %
Common drugs people take besides Xenazine *:
- Myrbetriq: 2 people, 15.38%
- Zetia: 1 person, 7.69%
- Hydroxyzine: 1 person, 7.69%
- Alprazolam: 1 person, 7.69%
- Bystolic: 1 person, 7.69%
- Celexa: 1 person, 7.69%
- Depo-Provera: 1 person, 7.69%
- Digoxin: 1 person, 7.69%
- Gemfibrozil: 1 person, 7.69%
- Haloperidol: 1 person, 7.69%
Common side effects people have besides Hot flush *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 23.08%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 23.08%
- Feeling Cold: 2 people, 15.38%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 2 people, 15.38%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 2 people, 15.38%
- Balance Disorder: 2 people, 15.38%
- Memory Loss: 2 people, 15.38%
- Feeling Abnormal: 2 people, 15.38%
- Drowsiness: 2 people, 15.38%
- Depression: 2 people, 15.38%
Common conditions people have *:
- Gilles De La Tourette Syndrome (a condition that causes people to make repeated, quick movements or sounds that they cannot control): 2 people, 15.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xenazine and have Hot flush?Check whether Hot flush is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hot flush and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tetrabenazine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xenazine:
- Xenazine (7,281 reports)
Common Xenazine side effects:
- Death: 1,442 reports
- Drug ineffective: 544 reports
- Depression: 531 reports
- Drowsiness: 505 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 420 reports
Browse all side effects of Xenazine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hot flush treatments and more:
- Hot flush (75,542 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hot flush:
- Hot flush in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hot flush in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hot flush in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hot flush:
- Lupron: 4,881 reports
- Eligard: 3,609 reports
- Lupron depot: 3,453 reports
- Xtandi: 3,175 reports
- Aspirin: 3,096 reports
- Tecfidera: 2,944 reports
- Prednisone: 2,422 reports
- Ibrance: 2,003 reports
- Synthroid: 1,960 reports
- Vitamin d: 1,827 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hot flush:
- Hot flush (2,938 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hot flush:
- Prostate cancer: 8,016 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 4,824 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,568 reports
- Breast cancer: 2,452 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,181 reports
- Endometriosis: 2,151 reports
- Depression: 1,976 reports
- Pain: 1,913 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hot flush:
- Hot flush (2,239 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tetrabenazine (the active ingredients of Xenazine) and Xenazine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Subutex and Drug Exposure Via Breast Milk - 24 seconds ago
- Advil and Cancer Pain - 25 seconds ago
- Lopressor and Clavicle Fracture - 42 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Aortic Thrombosis - 58 seconds ago
- Repatha and Allergic Cough - a minute ago
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Scratch - a minute ago
- Prometrium and Leukopenia - a minute ago
- Abstral and Aloxi drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Fulvestrant and Bacteraemia - 2 minutes ago
- Flomax and Aplasia Pure Red Cell - 2 minutes ago