Xenical and Agranulocytosis - from FDA reports
Agranulocytosis is found among people who take Xenical, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Ativan, and have Menopausal symptoms. This review analyzes which people have Agranulocytosis with Xenical. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,061 people who have side effects when taking Xenical from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 17, 2018
11,061 people reported to have side effects when taking Xenical.
Among them, 8 people (0.07%) have Agranulocytosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Agranulocytosis when taking Xenical *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Agranulocytosis when taking Xenical *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 12.5 %
- 30-39: 25.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 37.5 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Menopausal Symptoms (3 people, 37.50%)
- Thyroid Diseases (1 person, 12.50%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 person, 12.50%)
- Menopause (1 person, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Toprol-Xl (3 people, 37.50%)
- Hyzaar (3 people, 37.50%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 37.50%)
- Aygestin (3 people, 37.50%)
- Ativan (3 people, 37.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (6 people, 75.00%)
- Stroke (4 people, 50.00%)
- Streptococcal Sepsis (3 people, 37.50%)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse (3 people, 37.50%)
- Breathing Difficulty (3 people, 37.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Agranulocytosis when taking Xenical?
- Check symptoms - is agranulocytosis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAgranulocytosis and drugs with ingredients of orlistat.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAgranulocytosis and Xenical from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Xenical has active ingredients of orlistat. It is often used in weight loss. (latest outcomes from Xenical 11,202 users)
Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, preventive health care, schizophrenia, breast cancer, high blood pressure (latest reports from 85,255 Agranulocytosis patients).
Browse all side effects of Xenicala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AgranulocytosisAgranulocytosis
Could your condition cause AgranulocytosisAgranulocytosis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
I am a 54 Year old female, I've had idopathic neutropenia for over two years. Over the past year, my hair has thinned out . I'm concerned that it won't stop. My hair stylist was quite concerned last time I saw her.
Hi, I just turned 16 yesterday (October 31st). We recently found out that I have neutropenia, but I've been having these dizzy spells for over a month now. Although, I will say they're not as bad as they used to be.
After extracting I tooth I was prescribed cyclobenzaprine. Coincidentally a few weeks later with no symptoms I did a blood test and found out I have severe neutropenia. Its been a little over a year and I am still at this extreme situation and no doctor can find what I have. Any others have the ...