Will you have Diarrhea with Xenical - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people who take Xenical, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Synthroid, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,319 people who have side effects when taking Xenical from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on orlistat (the active ingredients of Xenical) and Xenical (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Diarrhea are also considered in the study.
What is Xenical?
Xenical has active ingredients of orlistat. It is often used in weight loss. (latest outcomes from Xenical 11,461 users)
What is Diarrhea?
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 389,539 Diarrhea patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
11,319 people reported to have side effects when taking Xenical.
Among them, 639 people (5.65%) have Diarrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Xenical when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 33.66 %
- 1 - 6 months: 44.55 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.9 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.98 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.91 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.99 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xenical *:
- female: 83.15 %
- male: 16.85 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Xenical *:
- 0-1: 0.2 %
- 2-9: 0.2 %
- 10-19: 0.81 %
- 20-29: 4.67 %
- 30-39: 11.76 %
- 40-49: 21.7 %
- 50-59: 29.82 %
- 60+: 30.83 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 14 people, 2.19%
- High Blood Pressure: 13 people, 2.03%
- Weight Decreased: 9 people, 1.41%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 7 people, 1.10%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 7 people, 1.10%
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 4 people, 0.63%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 4 people, 0.63%
- Depression: 4 people, 0.63%
- Preventive Health Care: 4 people, 0.63%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 3 people, 0.47%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid: 55 people, 8.61%
- Lasix: 48 people, 7.51%
- Lipitor: 45 people, 7.04%
- Celebrex: 44 people, 6.89%
- Prilosec: 39 people, 6.10%
- Premarin: 32 people, 5.01%
- Xanax: 27 people, 4.23%
- Glucophage: 26 people, 4.07%
- Vioxx: 26 people, 4.07%
- Zyrtec: 24 people, 3.76%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Steatorrhea: 237 people, 37.09%
- Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus): 119 people, 18.62%
- Constipation: 93 people, 14.55%
- Loose Stools: 80 people, 12.52%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 65 people, 10.17%
- Defaecation Urgency (a sudden compelling urge to defecate): 56 people, 8.76%
- Faeces Discolored: 55 people, 8.61%
- Weight Increased: 46 people, 7.20%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 43 people, 6.73%
- Abdominal Distension: 39 people, 6.10%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Xenical?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Xenical and have Diarrhea
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,065 drugs)
Could your condition cause DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,977 conditions)
Xenical side effects
- Xenical side effects (11,319 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Xenicala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Decreased Immune Responsiveness with Imuran? - now
- Will you have Testis Cancer (Exc Germ Cell) with Ultratag? - a second ago
- Will you have Tooth Extraction with Cialis? - 5 seconds ago
- Methocarbamol and Metformin Hydrochloride drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Excessive Saliva with Zebeta? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Drooling with Zebeta? - 6 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Fabrazyme drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Hair with Cough? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Hair Thinning with Cough? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Hairloss with Cough? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Voltaren, Methocarbamol, Gabapentin - 14 minutes ago
- Prediction of Mirena for a 33 year old woman - 51 minutes ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Enbrel - an hour ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Sertraline, Multivitamin - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Lyrica, Viagra for a 30 year old man - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Oxycodone - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Oxycodone - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Cephalexin - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Brevicon 21-day, Mirtazapine - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Lexapro - 8 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.