Xenical and Steatorrhea - from FDA reports
Steatorrhea is found among people who take Xenical, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Synthroid, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Steatorrhea with Xenical. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,061 people who have side effects when taking Xenical from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 23, 2017
11,061 people reported to have side effects when taking Xenical.
Among them, 1,447 people (13.08%) have Steatorrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Xenical when people have Steatorrhea *:
- < 1 month: 20.34 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50.85 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.08 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.08 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.95 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.69 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Steatorrhea when taking Xenical *:
- female: 87.2 %
- male: 12.8 %
Age of people who have Steatorrhea when taking Xenical *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.3 %
- 10-19: 0.4 %
- 20-29: 4.28 %
- 30-39: 14.83 %
- 40-49: 24.48 %
- 50-59: 29.25 %
- 60+: 26.47 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (6 people, 0.41%)
- Weight Decreased (5 people, 0.35%)
- Fluid Retention (5 people, 0.35%)
- Unevaluable Reaction (3 people, 0.21%)
- Asthma (2 people, 0.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (104 people, 7.19%)
- Premarin (77 people, 5.32%)
- Lipitor (73 people, 5.04%)
- Prilosec (67 people, 4.63%)
- Glucophage (56 people, 3.87%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Constipation (289 people, 19.97%)
- Flatulence (265 people, 18.31%)
- Diarrhea (236 people, 16.31%)
- Weight Increased (172 people, 11.89%)
- Faeces Discolored (172 people, 11.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Steatorrhea when taking Xenical?
- Check symptoms - is steatorrhea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSteatorrhea and drugs with ingredients of orlistat.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSteatorrhea and Xenical from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Xenical has active ingredients of orlistat. It is often used in weight loss. (latest outcomes from Xenical 11,202 users)
Steatorrhea has been reported by people with weight loss, weight decreased (latest reports from 3,423 Steatorrhea patients).
Browse all side effects of Xenicala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with SteatorrheaSteatorrhea
Could your condition cause SteatorrheaSteatorrhea
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
I am 61 years old and have a history of diverticulitis. I started taking Xenical and have been bleeding rectally. I have been on Xenical for 1 month now. Should I stop taking it because of the diverticulitis? I noticed the study showed that those on Xenical for extended periods had less ...
I have been taking Alli for several years, and about 6 months ago I noticed a definite shortness of breath while exerting. I just had a series of cardio test (echocardiogram, stress test) and the diagnosis was a moderate case of pulmonary hypertension. I don't know what treatment I should ...