Xigris and Cyanosis - from FDA reports
Cyanosis is found among people who take Xigris, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Protonix, and have Sepsis. This review analyzes which people have Cyanosis with Xigris. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,539 people who have side effects when taking Xigris from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
3,539 people reported to have side effects when taking Xigris.
Among them, 8 people (0.23%) have Cyanosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Xigris when people have Cyanosis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cyanosis when taking Xigris *:
- female: 37.5 %
- male: 62.5 %
Age of people who have Cyanosis when taking Xigris *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 42.86 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 42.86 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sepsis (6 people, 75.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Protonix (3 people, 37.50%)
- Norepinephrine Bitartrate (1 person, 12.50%)
- Lovenox (1 person, 12.50%)
- Lorazepam (1 person, 12.50%)
- Lasix (1 person, 12.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Idiopathic Or Primary Livedo Reticularis (3 people, 37.50%)
- Breathing Difficulty (3 people, 37.50%)
- Thrombocytopenia (2 people, 25.00%)
- Necrosis (2 people, 25.00%)
- Chills (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cyanosis when taking Xigris?
- Check symptoms - is cyanosis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCyanosis and drugs with ingredients of drotrecogin alfa (activated).
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCyanosis and Xigris from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Xigris has active ingredients of drotrecogin alfa (activated). (latest outcomes from Xigris 3,542 users)
Cyanosis (lack of oxygen in body leads to blue appearance of skin ,mucous membrane nails) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety, asthma (latest reports from 11,781 Cyanosis patients).
Browse all side effects of Xigrisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with CyanosisCyanosis
Could your condition cause CyanosisCyanosis
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
My skin has discoloured in the last six months and yesterday I went to Amit Pande who is a Dermatalogist and Professor at UT Southwestern and he was the first to diagnose that it might be the Naproxen that causes it.
Hello alltogether, I'm taking Niacin for lowering cholesterol and observing that my fingertips are turning dark blue after taking. It subsides after 30 minutes. I' m curious if somebody has made the same observation and if there's an implication following. Thank you!