Xiidra and Fear - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Fear is found among people who take Xiidra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xiidra and have Fear. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,996 people who have side effects when taking Xiidra from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,996 people reported to have side effects when taking Xiidra.
Among them, 16 people (0.15%) have Fear.
What is Xiidra?
Xiidra has active ingredients of lifitegrast. eHealthMe is studying from 11,044 Xiidra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Fear?
Fear is found to be associated with 2,216 drugs and 1,561 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xiidra and Fear reports submitted per year:
Time on Xiidra when people have Fear *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fear when taking Xiidra *:
- female: 92.86 %
- male: 7.14 %
Age of people who have Fear when taking Xiidra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 85.71 %
Common drugs people take besides Xiidra *:
- Lotemax: 2 people, 12.50%
- Zetia: 1 person, 6.25%
- Xyzal: 1 person, 6.25%
- Crestor: 1 person, 6.25%
- Depakote: 1 person, 6.25%
- Fish Oil: 1 person, 6.25%
- Hydroxyzine: 1 person, 6.25%
- Insulin: 1 person, 6.25%
- Miralax: 1 person, 6.25%
- Nasonex: 1 person, 6.25%
Common side effects people have besides Fear *:
- Instillation Site Pain: 8 people, 50.00%
- Vision Blurred: 6 people, 37.50%
- Instillation Site Reaction: 4 people, 25.00%
- Eye Pain: 3 people, 18.75%
- Eye Irritation: 3 people, 18.75%
- Ocular Hyperaemia (an abnormally large amount of blood in eye): 2 people, 12.50%
- Instillation Site Discomfort: 2 people, 12.50%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 2 people, 12.50%
- Instillation Site Erythema (instillation site redness): 2 people, 12.50%
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 12.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 13 people, 81.25%
- Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 18.75%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 12.50%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 12.50%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 12.50%
- Thyroid Diseases: 1 person, 6.25%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 1 person, 6.25%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 6.25%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 6.25%
- Blood Potassium Decreased: 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xiidra and have Fear?Check whether Fear is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Fear and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lifitegrast:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xiidra:
- Xiidra (11,044 reports)
Common Xiidra side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 982 reports
- Taste - impaired: 877 reports
- Dry eyes (lack of adequate tears): 783 reports
- Eye pain: 721 reports
Browse all side effects of Xiidra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Fear treatments and more:
- Fear (35,350 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Fear:
- Fear in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Fear in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Fear in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Fear:
- Trasylol: 7,530 reports
- Heparin: 2,324 reports
- Metoclopramide: 1,741 reports
- Lasix: 1,710 reports
- Yaz: 1,594 reports
- Yasmin: 1,524 reports
- Protamine sulfate: 1,426 reports
- Acetylsalicylic acid: 1,335 reports
- Aspirin: 1,260 reports
- Nitroglycerin: 1,202 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Fear:
- Fear (2,216 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Fear:
- Multiple sclerosis: 2,079 reports
- Depression: 1,759 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,292 reports
- Birth control: 1,266 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,256 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,112 reports
- Pain: 1,111 reports
- Indigestion: 910 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Fear:
- Fear (1,561 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lifitegrast (the active ingredients of Xiidra) and Xiidra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prilosec and Vitamin B12 drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Amrinone and Tricuspid Valve Incompetence - 10 seconds ago
- Provigil and Blood Creatine Increased - 10 seconds ago
- Sinemet and Hiatal Hernia - 12 seconds ago
- Megace and Metabolic Acidosis - 17 seconds ago
- Xalkori and Red Cell Distribution Width Increased - 21 seconds ago
- Sertraline Hydrochloride vs. Luvox Cr - 23 seconds ago
- Isoptin Sr and Urination - Painful - 28 seconds ago
- Nilstat and Gastritis Aggravated - 38 seconds ago
- Inbrija and Dysgraphia - 40 seconds ago