Xiidra and Thrombocytopenia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Xiidra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xiidra and have Thrombocytopenia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,996 people who have side effects when taking Xiidra from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,996 people reported to have side effects when taking Xiidra.
Among them, 14 people (0.13%) have Thrombocytopenia.
What is Xiidra?
Xiidra has active ingredients of lifitegrast. eHealthMe is studying from 11,044 Xiidra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) is found to be associated with 3,947 drugs and 4,461 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xiidra and Thrombocytopenia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Xiidra *:
- female: 90.91 %
- male: 9.09 %
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Xiidra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Xiidra *:
- Ondansetron: 5 people, 35.71%
- Rituxan: 5 people, 35.71%
- Armour Thyroid: 4 people, 28.57%
- Imbruvica: 4 people, 28.57%
- Symbicort: 4 people, 28.57%
- Revlimid: 3 people, 21.43%
- Diovan: 2 people, 14.29%
- Norco: 2 people, 14.29%
- Eliquis: 2 people, 14.29%
- Pantoprazole: 2 people, 14.29%
Common side effects people have besides Thrombocytopenia *:
- Pain: 6 people, 42.86%
- Head Injury: 6 people, 42.86%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 42.86%
- Constipation: 5 people, 35.71%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 28.57%
- Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs): 4 people, 28.57%
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 28.57%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 28.57%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 4 people, 28.57%
- Stomatitis (inflammation of mucous membrane of mouth): 4 people, 28.57%
Common conditions people have *:
- B-Cell Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma (blood cancer affecting b cells): 4 people, 28.57%
- Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinaemia (cancer affects small lymphocytes (white blood cells)): 2 people, 14.29%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 2 people, 14.29%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 2 people, 14.29%
- Post Transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder: 1 person, 7.14%
- Ovarian Cancer (cancer of ovary): 1 person, 7.14%
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system): 1 person, 7.14%
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged): 1 person, 7.14%
- Lymphoma (cancer that begins in immune system cells): 1 person, 7.14%
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) (bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets, which are necessary for normal blood clotting): 1 person, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xiidra and have Thrombocytopenia?Check whether Thrombocytopenia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- YavasogluI, I., TurgutkayaII, A., & BolamanIII, Z., "Chlorella-induced thrombocytopenia", DATA, 2018 Jan .
- Rasmy A, Rahal M, Kisana M, Ahmad S, Salah A, "Morphine induced thrombocytopenia: A case report", Journal of Case Reports and Images in Oncology, 2015 Dec .
- Onder H, Arsava EM, Arat A, Topcuoglu MA, "Acute middle cerebral artery occlusion treated by thrombectomy in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome and severe thrombocytopenia", Journal of vascular and interventional neurology, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Thrombocytopenia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lifitegrast:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xiidra:
- Xiidra (11,044 reports)
Common Xiidra side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 982 reports
- Taste - impaired: 877 reports
- Dry eyes (lack of adequate tears): 783 reports
- Eye pain: 721 reports
Browse all side effects of Xiidra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Thrombocytopenia treatments and more:
- Thrombocytopenia (247,385 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Thrombocytopenia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Thrombocytopenia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Revlimid: 14,033 reports
- Prednisone: 11,611 reports
- Aspirin: 10,558 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 9,104 reports
- Methotrexate: 8,110 reports
- Dexamethasone: 8,070 reports
- Carboplatin: 7,957 reports
- Omeprazole: 7,563 reports
- Lopurin: 7,360 reports
- Allopurinol: 7,357 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (3,947 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Multiple myeloma: 19,704 reports
- High blood pressure: 9,587 reports
- Ovarian cancer: 5,895 reports
- Hepatitis c: 5,620 reports
- Pain: 5,350 reports
- Preventive health care: 5,171 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,906 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (4,461 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lifitegrast (the active ingredients of Xiidra) and Xiidra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Valproic Acid and Extravasation Blood - 5 seconds ago
- Losartan Potassium and Penile Blister - 12 seconds ago
- Estraderm and Triamcinolone Acetonide drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Aortic Valve Replacement and Fluid Retention - 19 seconds ago
- High Blood Pressure and Red Blood Cell Count Increased - 34 seconds ago
- Macrobid and Nephritis Interstitial - 37 seconds ago
- Jardiance and Tricor drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Fondaparinux Sodium and Headache - 51 seconds ago
- Triamcinolone and Ibuprofen drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Fluticasone Propionate drug interaction - a minute ago