Xyrem and Bone pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Bone pain is found among people who take Xyrem, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xyrem and have Bone pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 73,973 people who have side effects when taking Xyrem from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
73,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Xyrem.
Among them, 87 people (0.12%) have Bone pain.
What is Xyrem?
Xyrem has active ingredients of sodium oxybate. It is often used in narcolepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 74,312 Xyrem users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Bone pain?
Bone pain is found to be associated with 2,442 drugs and 1,707 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xyrem and Bone pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Xyrem when people have Bone pain *:
- < 1 month: 56.41 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.56 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.56 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bone pain when taking Xyrem *:
- female: 86.21 %
- male: 13.79 %
Age of people who have Bone pain when taking Xyrem *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.61 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 53.23 %
- 40-49: 24.19 %
- 50-59: 14.52 %
- 60+: 6.45 %
Common drugs people take besides Xyrem *:
- Modafinil: 17 people, 19.54%
- Nuvigil: 16 people, 18.39%
- Adderall: 11 people, 12.64%
- Vitamin D3: 11 people, 12.64%
- Epipen: 9 people, 10.34%
- Norco: 8 people, 9.20%
- Singulair: 8 people, 9.20%
- Protonix: 6 people, 6.90%
- Proair Hfa: 6 people, 6.90%
- Vyvanse: 6 people, 6.90%
Common side effects people have besides Bone pain *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 37 people, 42.53%
- Joint Pain: 35 people, 40.23%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 35 people, 40.23%
- Headache (pain in head): 32 people, 36.78%
- Dizziness: 29 people, 33.33%
- Drowsiness: 27 people, 31.03%
- Nightmares (unpleasant dreams): 24 people, 27.59%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 24 people, 27.59%
- Depression: 23 people, 26.44%
- Nervousness: 23 people, 26.44%
Common conditions people have *:
- Migraine (headache): 7 people, 8.05%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 6 people, 6.90%
- Retching (strong involuntary effort to vomit): 5 people, 5.75%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 5 people, 5.75%
- Drowsiness: 5 people, 5.75%
- Depression: 4 people, 4.60%
- Pain: 3 people, 3.45%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 3.45%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 2.30%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 2 people, 2.30%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xyrem and have Bone pain?Check whether Bone pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Bone pain and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of sodium oxybate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xyrem:
- Xyrem (74,312 reports)
Common Xyrem side effects:
Browse all side effects of Xyrem:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Bone pain treatments and more:
- Bone pain (67,079 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Bone pain:
- Bone pain in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Bone pain in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Bone pain in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Bone pain:
All the drugs that are associated with Bone pain:
- Bone pain (2,442 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Bone pain:
All the conditions that are associated with Bone pain:
- Bone pain (1,707 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sodium oxybate (the active ingredients of Xyrem) and Xyrem (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Daytrana and Gilenya drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Famotidine and Tongue Disorder - 31 seconds ago
- Olive and Alcohol drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Neutropenic Sepsis - 43 seconds ago
- Clozapine and Halcion drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Veltassa and Persantine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Perampanel and Amoxicillin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Glynase and Quinine Sulfate drug interaction - a minute ago
- Percocet and Olmesartan Medoxomil drug interaction - a minute ago
- Advair Hfa and Humalog drug interaction - a minute ago