Xyzal and Ear barotrauma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ear barotrauma is found among people who take Xyzal, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Xyzal and have Ear barotrauma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,000 people who have side effects when taking Xyzal from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17,000 people reported to have side effects when taking Xyzal.
Among them, 19 people (0.11%) have Ear barotrauma.
What is Xyzal?
Xyzal has active ingredients of levocetirizine dihydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. eHealthMe is studying from 17,870 Xyzal users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ear barotrauma?
Ear barotrauma (discomfort and possible damage in the ear due to pressure differences between the inside and outside of the eardrum) is found to be associated with 936 drugs and 586 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Xyzal and Ear barotrauma reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ear barotrauma when taking Xyzal *:
- female: 15.79 %
- male: 84.21 %
Age of people who have Ear barotrauma when taking Xyzal *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 70 %
Common drugs people take besides Xyzal *:
- Zometa: 17 people, 89.47%
- Lupron: 17 people, 89.47%
- Astelin: 17 people, 89.47%
- Avelox: 17 people, 89.47%
- Casodex: 17 people, 89.47%
- Cipro: 17 people, 89.47%
- Cloderm: 17 people, 89.47%
- Doxycycline: 17 people, 89.47%
- Flomax: 17 people, 89.47%
- Fluconazole: 17 people, 89.47%
Common side effects people have besides Ear barotrauma *:
- Back Pain: 18 people, 94.74%
- Abscess (pus): 17 people, 89.47%
- Scoliosis (a medical condition in which a person's spine is curved from side to side): 17 people, 89.47%
- Renal Cyst (kidney cyst): 17 people, 89.47%
- Purulent Discharge (discharge that contains pus): 17 people, 89.47%
- Purulence (containing pus): 17 people, 89.47%
- Inflammation: 17 people, 89.47%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 17 people, 89.47%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 17 people, 89.47%
- Laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx): 17 people, 89.47%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 14 people, 73.68%
- Metastasis (spreadable cancer to other organ from origin): 8 people, 42.11%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 10.53%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 10.53%
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 2 people, 10.53%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 5.26%
- Prostate Cancer: 1 person, 5.26%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 5.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Xyzal and have Ear barotrauma?Check whether Ear barotrauma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Ear barotrauma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of levocetirizine dihydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Xyzal:
- Xyzal (17,870 reports)
Common Xyzal side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 2,257 reports
- Drowsiness: 1,717 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,116 reports
- Rashes (redness): 839 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 835 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 632 reports
- Itching: 614 reports
- Diarrhea: 581 reports
- Dizziness: 549 reports
Browse all side effects of Xyzal:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ear barotrauma treatments and more:
- Ear barotrauma (1,372 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ear barotrauma:
- Ear barotrauma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ear barotrauma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ear barotrauma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ear barotrauma:
All the drugs that are associated with Ear barotrauma:
- Ear barotrauma (936 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ear barotrauma:
- Osteoporosis: 264 reports
- High blood pressure: 112 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Ear barotrauma:
- Ear barotrauma (586 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on levocetirizine dihydrochloride (the active ingredients of Xyzal) and Xyzal (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prinivil and Hyperbilirubinaemia Aggravated - now
- Fosamax and Photosensitivity Reaction - 2 seconds ago
- Cymbalta and Catheter Related Complication - 2 seconds ago
- Clozapine and Acute Upper Airway Obstruction - 3 seconds ago
- Bleeding Into The Skin and drugs of ingredients of ibuprofen - 6 seconds ago
- Clozapine and Wound - 8 seconds ago
- Mental Disability and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - 8 seconds ago
- Clozapine and Cognitive Disorder - 11 seconds ago
- Clonidine and Euphoric Mood - 11 seconds ago
- Trulicity and Injection Site Oedema - 16 seconds ago