Who have Muscle rupture with Yasmin - from FDA reports
Muscle rupture is found among people who take Yasmin, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Yaz, and have Depression. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 46,861 people who have side effects when taking Yasmin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
46,861 people reported to have side effects when taking Yasmin.
Among them, 9 people (0.02%) have Muscle rupture
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Yasmin when people have Muscle rupture *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 66.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Muscle rupture when taking Yasmin *:
- female: 88.89 %
- male: 11.11 %
Age of people who have Muscle rupture when taking Yasmin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 50.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 12.5 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 12.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pollakiuria (abnormally frequent passage of relatively small quantities or urine): 1 person, 11.11%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 1 person, 11.11%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 11.11%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 11.11%
- Depression: 1 person, 11.11%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yaz: 2 people, 22.22%
- Geodon: 1 person, 11.11%
- Alendronate Sodium: 1 person, 11.11%
- Atorvastatin Calcium: 1 person, 11.11%
- Boniva: 1 person, 11.11%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 4 people, 44.44%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 3 people, 33.33%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 33.33%
- Pain In Extremity: 3 people, 33.33%
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 3 people, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Muscle rupture while taking Yasmin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Muscle rupture
- Subscribe to monitor Muscle rupture in Yasmin
You are not alone:
Yasmin has active ingredients of drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Yasmin 47,777 users)
Muscle rupture (tear in muscle) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis (latest reports from 2,530 Muscle rupture patients).
Drugs that are associated with Muscle ruptureMuscle rupture (543 drugs)
Could your condition cause Muscle ruptureMuscle rupture (382 conditions)
Yasmin side effects
- Yasmin side effects (46,891 reports)
Browse all side effects of Yasmina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Staphylococcal Bacteraemia with Nystatin? - a second ago
- Will you have Electrocardiogram T Wave Abnormal with Frova? - 2 seconds ago
- Jamaica Dogwood and Xhoba drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Food Allergy with Lotrel? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Allergy To Food with Lotrel? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 4 year old boy who takes Singulair - an hour ago
- Prediction of Wellbutrin Sr, Otezla, Plaquenil, Dexedrine, Zopiclone, Xyrem for a 28 year old man - an hour ago
- A study for a 28 year old man who takes Xyrem - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Lipitor, Norvasc, Oxybutynin, Omeprazole - 3 hours ago
- Prediction of Eliquis for a 74 year old man - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.