Yaz and Emotional distress - from FDA reports
Emotional distress is found among people who take Yaz, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Yasmin, and have Premenstrual syndrome. This review analyzes which people have Emotional distress with Yaz. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 38,204 people who have side effects when taking Yaz from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 28, 2017
38,204 people reported to have side effects when taking Yaz.
Among them, 8,898 people (23.29%) have Emotional distress
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Yaz when people have Emotional distress *:
- < 1 month: 2.64 %
- 1 - 6 months: 24.15 %
- 6 - 12 months: 15.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 25.94 %
- 2 - 5 years: 24.37 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.81 %
- 10+ years: 0.59 %
Gender of people who have Emotional distress when taking Yaz *:
- female: 98.08 %
- male: 1.92 %
Age of people who have Emotional distress when taking Yaz *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.12 %
- 10-19: 10.96 %
- 20-29: 37.83 %
- 30-39: 29.81 %
- 40-49: 15.73 %
- 50-59: 2.9 %
- 60+: 2.6 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Premenstrual Syndrome (1,043 people, 11.72%)
- Acne (686 people, 7.71%)
- Pain (487 people, 5.47%)
- Depression (305 people, 3.43%)
- Stress And Anxiety (269 people, 3.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yasmin (5,454 people, 61.29%)
- Drospirenone And Ethinyl Estradiol (1,083 people, 12.17%)
- Ibuprofen (682 people, 7.66%)
- Motrin (250 people, 2.81%)
- Vicodin (246 people, 2.76%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (8,074 people, 90.74%)
- Injury (7,366 people, 82.78%)
- Stress And Anxiety (6,221 people, 69.91%)
- General Physical Health Deterioration (3,885 people, 43.66%)
- Pulmonary Embolism (2,596 people, 29.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Emotional distress when taking Yaz?
- Check symptoms - is emotional distress caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEmotional distress and drugs with ingredients of drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEmotional distress and Yaz from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Yaz has active ingredients of drospirenone; ethinyl estradiol. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Yaz 39,596 users)
Emotional distress has been reported by people with birth control, pain, acne, coronary artery bypass, depression (latest reports from 50,357 Emotional distress patients).
Browse all side effects of Yaza b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Emotional distressEmotional distress
Could your condition cause Emotional distressEmotional distress
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hi, im 21 years old and have been using yas for roughly 9 weeks now. Around the 6th week i started presenting with hives. Mostly when i woke up in the morning. I have been on cortisone and very strong anti- histamine therapy. Nothing works. When taking my placebo pills the hives go away that is ...
Hi! I have been suffering emotional abuse for the last ten years, at the hands of my husband. His drinking and narcissistic personality has now started to affect our young children. I find that I easily contract lung infections, and I currently have pneumonia. I am seriously considering ending ...
I have been diagnosed and treated for Stage 3 Hodgkins Lymphoma and I was taking the generic version of Yaz (Zarah) before, during and after my treatment. After doing more research and already being higher risk for break cancer due to radiation treatments, I plan to stop taking Zarah.