Zanaflex and Postural hypotension - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Postural hypotension is found among people who take Zanaflex, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zanaflex and have Postural hypotension. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,351 people who have side effects when taking Zanaflex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,351 people reported to have side effects when taking Zanaflex.
Among them, 6 people (0.04%) have Postural hypotension.
What is Zanaflex?
Zanaflex has active ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. eHealthMe is studying from 16,464 Zanaflex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Postural hypotension?
Postural hypotension is found to be associated with 698 drugs and 31 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zanaflex and Postural hypotension reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Postural hypotension when taking Zanaflex *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Postural hypotension when taking Zanaflex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 40 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 60 %
Common drugs people take besides Zanaflex *:
- Baclofen: 3 people, 50.00%
- Avonex: 3 people, 50.00%
- Provigil: 2 people, 33.33%
- Pepcid: 2 people, 33.33%
- Lipitor: 2 people, 33.33%
- Zestril: 1 person, 16.67%
- Toprol-Xl: 1 person, 16.67%
- Premarin: 1 person, 16.67%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 16.67%
- Novantrone: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Postural hypotension *:
- Weakness: 2 people, 33.33%
- Sedation: 2 people, 33.33%
- Rebound Hypertension (hypertension occurs when blood pressure rises after you stop taking or lower the dose of a drug): 2 people, 33.33%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 33.33%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 2 people, 33.33%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 16.67%
- Vasospasm (sudden constriction of a blood vessel, reducing its diameter and flow rate): 1 person, 16.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 16.67%
- Multiple System Atrophy (degeneration of nerve cells in specific areas of the brain): 1 person, 16.67%
- Multiple Sclerosis Aggravated (worse a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zanaflex and have Postural hypotension?Check whether Postural hypotension is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Postural hypotension and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zanaflex:
- Zanaflex (16,464 reports)
Common Zanaflex side effects:
- Pain: 1,584 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,470 reports
- Weakness: 1,256 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,240 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,066 reports
Browse all side effects of Zanaflex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Postural hypotension treatments and more:
- Postural hypotension (1,800 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Postural hypotension:
- Postural hypotension in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Postural hypotension in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Postural hypotension in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Postural hypotension:
- Postural hypotension (698 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Postural hypotension:
- Postural hypotension (31 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tizanidine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Zanaflex) and Zanaflex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Advair Diskus 250/50 and Musculoskeletal Pain - now
- Baclofen and Venlafaxine Hydrochloride drug interaction - now
- Psoriasis and Septic Shock - 4 seconds ago
- Euthyrox and Haemorrhoids - 7 seconds ago
- Nexplanon and Pain - 7 seconds ago
- Trimethoprim vs. Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength - 8 seconds ago
- Requip vs. Tramadol Hydrochloride - 12 seconds ago
- Fludrocortisone Acetate and Back Pain - 13 seconds ago
- Naprosyn and Cardiac Valve Disease - 13 seconds ago
- Nystatin and Infusion Site Bruising - 14 seconds ago