Zantac 75 and Gastritis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastritis is found among people who take Zantac 75, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zantac 75 and have Gastritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,532 people who have side effects when taking Zantac 75 from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac 75.
Among them, 6 people (0.17%) have Gastritis.
What is Zantac 75?
Zantac 75 has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 3,713 Zantac 75 users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastritis?
Gastritis (inflammation of stomach) is found to be associated with 2,567 drugs and 1,859 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zantac 75 and Gastritis reports submitted per year:
Time on Zantac 75 when people have Gastritis *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gastritis when taking Zantac 75 *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Gastritis when taking Zantac 75 *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Zantac 75 *:
- Sucralfate: 3 people, 50.00%
- Furosemide: 3 people, 50.00%
- Aspirin: 2 people, 33.33%
- Welchol: 1 person, 16.67%
- Lasix: 1 person, 16.67%
- Januvia: 1 person, 16.67%
- Diovan: 1 person, 16.67%
- Ativan: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Gastritis *:
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 66.67%
- Weight Decreased: 3 people, 50.00%
- Weakness: 1 person, 16.67%
- Visual Impairment: 1 person, 16.67%
- Renal Cyst (kidney cyst): 1 person, 16.67%
- Migraine (headache): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypoaesthesia Oral (reduced sense of touch or sensation in mouth): 1 person, 16.67%
- Haemangioma Of Liver (noncancerous, abnormally dense collections of dilated small blood vessels that may occur in liver): 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Joint Swelling: 3 people, 50.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 50.00%
- Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus): 2 people, 33.33%
- Abdominal Pain: 2 people, 33.33%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zantac 75 and have Gastritis?Check whether Gastritis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Gastritis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zantac 75:
- Zantac 75 (3,713 reports)
Common Zantac 75 side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 776 reports
- Drug ineffective: 521 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 285 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 211 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 180 reports
- Pain: 178 reports
- Indigestion: 117 reports
Browse all side effects of Zantac 75:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastritis treatments and more:
- Gastritis (50,306 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastritis:
- Gastritis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastritis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastritis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastritis:
- Aspirin: 2,275 reports
- Omeprazole: 2,001 reports
- Vioxx: 1,950 reports
- Fosamax: 1,889 reports
- Prednisone: 1,636 reports
- Nexium: 1,388 reports
- Humira: 1,380 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,323 reports
- Ibu: 1,273 reports
- Profen: 1,270 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastritis:
- Gastritis (2,567 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastritis:
- High blood pressure: 2,608 reports
- Osteoporosis: 2,007 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,868 reports
- Pain: 1,491 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,037 reports
- Depression: 1,025 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 917 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Gastritis:
- Gastritis (1,859 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ranitidine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Zantac 75) and Zantac 75 (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vimpat and Xcopri drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Lasix and Vimpat drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Tegretol and Weight Bearing Difficulty - 7 seconds ago
- Diastat and Vimpat drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- How effective is Pantoprazole Sodium for Hiatal Hernia? - 13 seconds ago
- Cefaclor and Anorectal Abscess - 15 seconds ago
- Lonsurf and Nasal Congestion - 16 seconds ago
- Singulair and Xanax drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Buspar vs. Carisoprodol - 18 seconds ago
- Neurontin and Vimpat drug interaction - 21 seconds ago