Zantac and Cardiogenic shock - from FDA reports
Cardiogenic shock is found among people who take Zantac, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Cardiogenic shock with Zantac. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 49,831 people who have side effects when taking Zantac from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 18, 2017
49,831 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac.
Among them, 82 people (0.16%) have Cardiogenic shock
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zantac when people have Cardiogenic shock *:
- < 1 month: 87.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cardiogenic shock when taking Zantac *:
- female: 55 %
- male: 45 %
Age of people who have Cardiogenic shock when taking Zantac *:
- 0-1: 1.3 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.3 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.9 %
- 40-49: 19.48 %
- 50-59: 22.08 %
- 60+: 51.95 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (21 people, 25.61%)
- Sciatic Nerve Injury (11 people, 13.41%)
- Pneumonia (5 people, 6.10%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (4 people, 4.88%)
- Gout (3 people, 3.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (27 people, 32.93%)
- Zofran (19 people, 23.17%)
- Zoloft (18 people, 21.95%)
- Reglan (15 people, 18.29%)
- Plavix (15 people, 18.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Renal Failure Acute (29 people, 35.37%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (28 people, 34.15%)
- Encephalopathy (26 people, 31.71%)
- Respiratory Acidosis (24 people, 29.27%)
- Hypotension (23 people, 28.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Cardiogenic shock when taking Zantac?
- Check symptoms - is cardiogenic shock caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCardiogenic shock and drugs with ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCardiogenic shock and Zantac from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zantac has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Zantac 51,880 users)
Cardiogenic shock (inadequate circulation of blood) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, atrial fibrillation/flutter, diabetes, acute myocardial infarction, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 8,114 Cardiogenic shock patients).
Browse all side effects of Zantaca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Cardiogenic shockCardiogenic shock
Could your condition cause Cardiogenic shockCardiogenic shock
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have used Zantac or the generic for 21 years. About 2 months ago I developed pain ranging from my left temple area down to my upper neck. Doctor put me on antibiotic thinking ear infection but with no affect at all after used up antibiotic. Now, doctor is ordering an expensive ct scan and I ...
Has anyone that has been taking Zantac or the generic form of Zantac suffer from mouth ulcers or canker sores. I an almost constantly suffering from these and sometimes more than one at a time. I have changed my toothpaste and started taking Vitamin b-12 supplements to help but I still have ...