Zantac and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Zantac, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Zantac. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 49,831 people who have side effects when taking Zantac from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
49,831 people reported to have side effects when taking Zantac.
Among them, 1,312 people (2.63%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zantac when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 86.51 %
- 1 - 6 months: 7.94 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.59 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.59 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.79 %
- 10+ years: 1.59 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Zantac *:
- female: 70.46 %
- male: 29.54 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Zantac *:
- 0-1: 0.19 %
- 2-9: 0.84 %
- 10-19: 1.87 %
- 20-29: 4.22 %
- 30-39: 8.15 %
- 40-49: 16.78 %
- 50-59: 18.93 %
- 60+: 49.02 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (93 people, 7.09%)
- High Blood Pressure (89 people, 6.78%)
- Pain (68 people, 5.18%)
- Depression (52 people, 3.96%)
- Asthma (52 people, 3.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Benadryl (141 people, 10.75%)
- Singulair (121 people, 9.22%)
- Prilosec (99 people, 7.55%)
- Nexium (96 people, 7.32%)
- Synthroid (95 people, 7.24%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (409 people, 31.17%)
- Nausea (226 people, 17.23%)
- Fatigue (196 people, 14.94%)
- Breathing Difficulty (170 people, 12.96%)
- Weakness (169 people, 12.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Itching when taking Zantac?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Zantac from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zantac has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Zantac 51,880 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,439 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Zantaca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hi there. Been taking ranitidine/zantac for 9 days. It has helped with the burning in my stomach but after taking it I get a dull pain in the centre of my chest. It doesn't last long bit it is uncomfortable. Any one else experienced this
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.