Who have Facial palsy with Zelnorm - from FDA reports
Facial palsy is found among people who take Zelnorm, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Plavix, and have Irritable bowel syndrome. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,071 people who have side effects when taking Zelnorm from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
7,071 people reported to have side effects when taking Zelnorm.
Among them, 17 people (0.24%) have Facial palsy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zelnorm when people have Facial palsy *:
- < 1 month: 15.38 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.69 %
- 1 - 2 years: 15.38 %
- 2 - 5 years: 30.77 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Facial palsy when taking Zelnorm *:
- female: 88.24 %
- male: 11.76 %
Age of people who have Facial palsy when taking Zelnorm *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 11.76 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 29.41 %
- 40-49: 17.65 %
- 50-59: 5.88 %
- 60+: 35.29 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 9 people, 52.94%
- Constipation: 3 people, 17.65%
- Conduct Disorder (repetitive and persistent pattern of behaviour by a child or teenager): 2 people, 11.76%
- Spinal Column Stenosis (narrowing of spinal column): 1 person, 5.88%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 5.88%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vytorin: 3 people, 17.65%
- Plavix: 3 people, 17.65%
- Actos: 2 people, 11.76%
- Aspirin: 2 people, 11.76%
- Valproic Acid: 2 people, 11.76%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 6 people, 35.29%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 5 people, 29.41%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 5 people, 29.41%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 5 people, 29.41%
- Dizziness: 4 people, 23.53%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Facial palsy while taking Zelnorm?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Facial palsy
- Subscribe to monitor Facial palsy in Zelnorm
You are not alone:
Zelnorm has active ingredients of tegaserod maleate. (latest outcomes from Zelnorm 7,078 users)
Facial palsy (paralysis of face nerve) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression, hepatitis c (latest reports from 5,615 Facial palsy patients).
Drugs that are associated with Facial palsyFacial palsy (1,336 drugs)
Could your condition cause Facial palsyFacial palsy (951 conditions)
Zelnorm side effects
- Zelnorm side effects (7,072 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zelnorma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Atrioventricular Block First Degree with Effexor? - now
- Will you have Dental Caries with Zolpidem? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Anorectal Disorder with Omeprazole? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Bleeding Into The Skin with Stress And Anxiety? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Spots - Red with Stress And Anxiety? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Xolair - 37 minutes ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Amoxicillin - 58 minutes ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Xolair, Nexplanon - an hour ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Lexapro - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Maxide, Amlodipine, Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Aspirin - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.