Zemplar and Myopathy aggravated - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Myopathy aggravated is found among people who take Zemplar, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zemplar and have Myopathy aggravated. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,075 people who have side effects when taking Zemplar from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,075 people reported to have side effects when taking Zemplar.
Among them, 9 people (0.06%) have Myopathy aggravated.
What is Zemplar?
Zemplar has active ingredients of paricalcitol. It is often used in kidney disease. eHealthMe is studying from 15,113 Zemplar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Myopathy aggravated?
Myopathy aggravated (worse muscular disease in which the muscle fibres do not function) is found to be associated with 892 drugs and 263 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zemplar and Myopathy aggravated reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Myopathy aggravated when taking Zemplar *:
- female: 11.11 %
- male: 88.89 %
Age of people who have Myopathy aggravated when taking Zemplar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 66.67 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 22.22 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 11.11 %
Common drugs people take besides Zemplar *:
- Ferrlecit: 6 people, 66.67%
- Renagel: 5 people, 55.56%
- Nutropin: 4 people, 44.44%
- Lupron Depot: 4 people, 44.44%
- Concerta: 4 people, 44.44%
- Omniscan: 3 people, 33.33%
- Magnevist: 3 people, 33.33%
- Aranesp: 3 people, 33.33%
- Sensipar: 3 people, 33.33%
- Ganciclovir: 2 people, 22.22%
Common side effects people have besides Myopathy aggravated *:
- Weakness: 7 people, 77.78%
- Pain In Limb: 4 people, 44.44%
- Burning Sensation: 3 people, 33.33%
- Dry Skin: 3 people, 33.33%
- Extremity Contracture (permanent shortening of a muscle or joint of arms and legs): 3 people, 33.33%
- Joint Pain: 3 people, 33.33%
- Joint Range Of Motion Decreased (disease of joint movement): 3 people, 33.33%
- Joint Stiffness: 3 people, 33.33%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 3 people, 33.33%
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (involves fibrosis of skin, joints, eyes due to kidney disease): 3 people, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 2 people, 22.22%
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain: 2 people, 22.22%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 22.22%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 22.22%
- Secondary Hyperthyroidism: 1 person, 11.11%
- Pneumonia: 1 person, 11.11%
- Pain: 1 person, 11.11%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 11.11%
- Blood Parathyroid Hormone Increased: 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zemplar and have Myopathy aggravated?Check whether Myopathy aggravated is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Myopathy aggravated and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of paricalcitol:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zemplar:
- Zemplar (15,113 reports)
Common Zemplar side effects:
- Death: 3,716 reports
- Heart attack: 665 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 568 reports
- Weakness: 540 reports
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 516 reports
Browse all side effects of Zemplar:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Myopathy aggravated treatments and more:
- Myopathy aggravated (8 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Myopathy aggravated:
- Myopathy aggravated in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Myopathy aggravated in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Myopathy aggravated in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Myopathy aggravated:
- Simvastatin: 1,247 reports
- Prednisone: 1,080 reports
- Lipitor: 768 reports
- Aspirin: 670 reports
- Prednisolone: 498 reports
- Furosemide: 490 reports
- Metformin: 465 reports
- Atorvastatin calcium: 402 reports
- Lasix: 387 reports
- Amlodipine: 384 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Myopathy aggravated:
- Myopathy aggravated (892 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Myopathy aggravated:
- High blood cholesterol: 1,422 reports
- High blood pressure: 613 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 223 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 207 reports
- Pain: 135 reports
- Hiv infection: 131 reports
- Coronary heart disease: 113 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Myopathy aggravated:
- Myopathy aggravated (263 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on paricalcitol (the active ingredients of Zemplar) and Zemplar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Choline and Insomnia - 6 seconds ago
- Ketotifen Fumarate and Tretinoin drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Vancomycin and Fenofibrate drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Abilify and Gastrointestinal Disorder - 17 seconds ago
- How effective is Diclofenac Sodium for Osteoarthritis? - 29 seconds ago
- Centrax vs. Desyrel - 30 seconds ago
- Peripheral Neuropathy and Sinus Bradycardia - 30 seconds ago
- Prosom and Amoxicillin drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Azathioprine and Hepatotoxicity - 39 seconds ago
- Armour Thyroid and Atenolol drug interaction - 47 seconds ago