Zenatane and High blood cholesterol - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
High blood cholesterol is found among people who take Zenatane, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zenatane and have High blood cholesterol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,438 people who have side effects when taking Zenatane from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Zenatane.
Among them, 159 people (3.58%) have High blood cholesterol.
What is Zenatane?
Zenatane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 4,443 Zenatane users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is High blood cholesterol?
High blood cholesterol is found to be associated with 3,495 drugs and 3,357 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zenatane and High blood cholesterol reports submitted per year:
Time on Zenatane when people have High blood cholesterol *:
Gender of people who have High blood cholesterol when taking Zenatane*:
Age of people who have High blood cholesterol when taking Zenatane *:
Common drugs people take besides Zenatane *:
Common side effects people have besides High blood cholesterol *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zenatane and have High blood cholesterol?Check whether High blood cholesterol is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
How severe was High blood cholesterol and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of isotretinoin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zenatane:
- Zenatane (4,443 reports)
Common Zenatane side effects:
- Depression: 325 reports
- Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood): 229 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 224 reports
- Joint pain: 206 reports
- Dry skin: 195 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 159 reports
- Drug ineffective: 152 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 124 reports
Browse all side effects of Zenatane:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
High blood cholesterol treatments and more:
- High blood cholesterol (426,740 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to High blood cholesterol:
- High blood cholesterol in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- High blood cholesterol in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- High blood cholesterol in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with High blood cholesterol:
- Fosamax: 7,226 reports
- Lipitor: 6,917 reports
- Aspirin: 5,247 reports
- Prednisone: 5,164 reports
- Vioxx: 4,856 reports
- Methotrexate: 4,730 reports
- Xeljanz: 4,595 reports
- Humira: 4,528 reports
- Crestor: 4,228 reports
- Metformin: 3,590 reports
All the drugs that are associated with High blood cholesterol:
- High blood cholesterol (3,495 drugs)
Common conditions associated with High blood cholesterol:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 7,743 reports
- High blood pressure: 6,636 reports
- Osteoporosis: 5,738 reports
All the conditions that are associated with High blood cholesterol:
- High blood cholesterol (3,357 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on isotretinoin (the active ingredients of Zenatane) and Zenatane (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Exemestane and Erythema Of Eyelid - a second ago
- Extavia and Smear Cervix Abnormal - 2 seconds ago
- Loratadine and Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis - 5 seconds ago
- Lioresal and Ovarian Cancer - 6 seconds ago
- Lansoprazole and Hypertensive Nephropathy - 7 seconds ago
- Forteo and Spasmodic Dysphonia - 10 seconds ago
- Cytomegalovirus Enterocolitis and Pneumonia - 14 seconds ago
- Vectibix and Pvt - 21 seconds ago
- Imodium and Colitis Ischaemic - 21 seconds ago
- How effective is Vancomycin Hydrochloride for Clostridium Difficile Colitis? - 22 seconds ago