Zepatier and Peripheral swelling - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 4,462 people who have side effects when taking Zepatier. Peripheral swelling is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Amlodipine and have Hepatitis c.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zepatier and have Peripheral swelling. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Zepatier.
Among them, 44 people (0.99%) have Peripheral swelling.
What is Zepatier?
Zepatier has active ingredients of elbasvir; grazoprevir. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 4,463 Zepatier users.
What is Peripheral swelling?
Peripheral swelling is found to be associated with 2,600 drugs and 1,662 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 156,380 people who have Peripheral swelling.
Number of Zepatier and Peripheral swelling reports submitted per year:
Time on Zepatier when people have Peripheral swelling *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 37.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Peripheral swelling when taking Zepatier *:
- female: 52.38 %
- male: 47.62 %
Age of people who have Peripheral swelling when taking Zepatier *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.45 %
- 40-49: 13.79 %
- 50-59: 41.38 %
- 60+: 41.38 %
Common drugs people take besides Zepatier *:
- Amlodipine: 3 people, 6.82%
- Naprosyn: 2 people, 4.55%
- Isentress: 2 people, 4.55%
- Xanax: 1 person, 2.27%
- Suboxone: 1 person, 2.27%
- Sovaldi: 1 person, 2.27%
- Oxycodone: 1 person, 2.27%
- Hydrocodone: 1 person, 2.27%
- Flexeril: 1 person, 2.27%
- Depakote: 1 person, 2.27%
Common side effects people have besides Peripheral swelling *:
- Pain In Extremity: 7 people, 15.91%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 13.64%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 9.09%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 6.82%
- Joint Swelling: 3 people, 6.82%
- Headache (pain in head): 3 people, 6.82%
- Spinal Pain (pain in spine): 2 people, 4.55%
- Dysstasia (difficulty in standing): 2 people, 4.55%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 2 people, 4.55%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 4.55%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hepatitis C: 24 people, 54.55%
- Hiv Infection: 2 people, 4.55%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 2.27%
- Hepatitis Chronic Active: 1 person, 2.27%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zepatier and have Peripheral swelling?Check whether Peripheral swelling is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Zepatier side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Zepatier side effects (4,463 reports)
Peripheral swelling treatments and more:
- Peripheral swelling (156,380 reports)
Common drugs associated with Peripheral swelling:
- Humira: 16,512 reports
- Enbrel: 16,196 reports
- Methotrexate: 16,044 reports
- Prednisone: 14,540 reports
- Xeljanz: 9,922 reports
- Actemra: 8,213 reports
- Arava: 7,579 reports
- Orencia: 7,169 reports
- Aspirin: 7,146 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 7,137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Peripheral swelling:
- Peripheral swelling (2,600 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Peripheral swelling:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 25,579 reports
- High blood pressure: 6,543 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 5,904 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 5,883 reports
- Pain: 4,820 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 4,060 reports
- Psoriasis: 3,978 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Peripheral swelling:
- Peripheral swelling (1,662 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on elbasvir; grazoprevir (the active ingredients of Zepatier) and Zepatier (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Telmisartan and Cognitive Disorder - a second ago
- Ketek and Muscle Spasms - 2 seconds ago
- Diflorasone Diacetate and Famotidine drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Tessalon and Tinnitus - 6 seconds ago
- Proair Hfa and Catapres drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Sertraline and Multiple Cardiac Defects - 12 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Genital Herpes - 13 seconds ago
- Oncovin and Avastin drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Fenofibrate and Eye Irritation - 19 seconds ago
- Repatha and Citalopram Hydrobromide drug interaction - 22 seconds ago