Zetia and Ear discomfort - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ear discomfort is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zetia and have Ear discomfort. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45,364 people who have side effects when taking Zetia from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
45,364 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia.
Among them, 54 people (0.12%) have Ear discomfort.
What is Zetia?
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 46,578 Zetia users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ear discomfort?
Ear discomfort is found to be associated with 1,872 drugs and 1,206 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zetia and Ear discomfort reports submitted per year:
Time on Zetia when people have Ear discomfort *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ear discomfort when taking Zetia *:
- female: 68.52 %
- male: 31.48 %
Age of people who have Ear discomfort when taking Zetia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 28.12 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 25.0 %
- 60+: 46.88 %
Common drugs people take besides Zetia *:
- Lipitor: 25 people, 46.30%
- Zometa: 23 people, 42.59%
- Coumadin: 23 people, 42.59%
- Aredia: 23 people, 42.59%
- Crestor: 18 people, 33.33%
- Ativan: 16 people, 29.63%
- Revlimid: 16 people, 29.63%
- Motrin: 15 people, 27.78%
- Zerit: 14 people, 25.93%
- Kaletra: 14 people, 25.93%
Common side effects people have besides Ear discomfort *:
- Pain In Extremity: 28 people, 51.85%
- Cough: 26 people, 48.15%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 26 people, 48.15%
- Stress And Anxiety: 26 people, 48.15%
- Weight Decreased: 24 people, 44.44%
- Spinal Disorder (disease of spine a back bone): 24 people, 44.44%
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased: 23 people, 42.59%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 23 people, 42.59%
- Pain In Jaw: 23 people, 42.59%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 23 people, 42.59%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 8 people, 14.81%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 7 people, 12.96%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 5 people, 9.26%
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 9.26%
- Muscle Twitching: 4 people, 7.41%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 4 people, 7.41%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 4 people, 7.41%
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 7.41%
- Breakthrough Pain: 3 people, 5.56%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 5.56%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zetia and have Ear discomfort?Check whether Ear discomfort is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Ear discomfort and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ezetimibe:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zetia:
- Zetia (46,578 reports)
Common Zetia side effects:
Browse all side effects of Zetia:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ear discomfort treatments and more:
- Ear discomfort (9,716 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ear discomfort:
- Ear discomfort in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ear discomfort in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ear discomfort in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ear discomfort:
All the drugs that are associated with Ear discomfort:
- Ear discomfort (1,872 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ear discomfort:
All the conditions that are associated with Ear discomfort:
- Ear discomfort (1,206 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ezetimibe (the active ingredients of Zetia) and Zetia (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Miralax and Movement Disorder - 3 seconds ago
- Ketoconazole and Lodine Xl drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Erection Problems and Listless - 10 seconds ago
- Agitation and Compulsive Sexual Behavior - 13 seconds ago
- Zyprexa and Pulmicort drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Bumetanide and Bradykinesia - 49 seconds ago
- Cellulitis and Wheezing - 50 seconds ago
- Colestid and Ipratropium Bromide drug interaction - a minute ago
- Glucophage and Joint Crepitation - a minute ago
- Ritodrine Hydrochloride and Singulair drug interaction - 2 minutes ago